[SOLVED] Sync CB profiles to EB?

More
3 years 11 months ago #134295 by Ed
Sync CB profiles to EB? was created by Ed
How do we sync CB profiles to EB?

It is currently only populating F/L name and email address. It does not populate any address or custom fields.

Where is field mapping done to sync CB profiles with EB? EB registration fields are not prepopulating with CB member data. Auto Populate Registration Form Data and Populate Group Members Data are both enabled.

Also, is it possible to edit the [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] email output format to change the presentation in emails?

Thanks,
Ed

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 11 months ago #134300 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Sync CB profiles to EB?
Hello

1. You need to map fields between two extensions, see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...ta#community-builder for instructions

2. If you want to change output of [REGISTRATION_DETAIL] tag, you need to customize code of the following fields:

components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/emailtemplates/email_individual_detail.php (for individual registration)

components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/emailtemplates/email_group_detail.php (for group registration)

components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/emailtemplates/email_cart.php (for shopping cart)

Hope it answers your question

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #134317 by Ed
Replied by Ed on topic Sync CB profiles to EB?
Tuan,

Thank you again for your quick and precise answers. Yes, it answers my questions completely.

"1. You need to map fields between two extensions, see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...ta#community-builder for instructions"

Yes, I have read this a number of times both in your forum replies and in the manual (I actually have read the manual several times ;-) ). But the description reads: This plugin is used to create a CB account for user when they register for an Event in Events Booking and we are not registering users from event registrations. What we want to do is just the opposite by prepopulating the registration form with current user data to make form completion faster.

But, this time I enabled the plugin to test and sure enough, there were the matching fields and it worked exactly as I need. The description in the plugin is perhaps a bit confusing, as it was for me. Maybe if you added something to the description like "and to match current CB members data to registration form fields. " It would be easier to understand this plugins full potential?

The file paths were also what I was trying to find.

Thank you again!

Ed
Last edit: 3 years 11 months ago by Ed.

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #134318 by Ed
[UPDATE]
After syncing all relevant fields and testing, the phone field does not sync. Both the CB and EB phone fields types are 'Text' and I have tried other field types, but this field will not sync. Is this a known issue or something I missed?

Also, this could be a critical issue, is that any data entered into matched fields overwrites data stored in the CB user record. We use a two letter designation for the state field in CB and EB overwrites this with the state name spelled out. Changing data format may have ripple effects throughout the system. In our case, the data in these matched fields is not to be edited by users, only admins.

I have edited the plugins/eventbooking/cb/cb.php file to comment out the onAfterStoreRegistrant function and it appears to function as we need with CB to EB form field population, but without changing any data in the CB table. Since this is a Joomla plug-in, I don't think it will function as a template override. Is there a better way to do this?

Thanks

More
3 years 11 months ago #134334 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

In this case, please submit a support ticket sending us:

- Super admin account of your site
- An account which can be used to perform registration
- Link to registration page

Then tell me what field does not work so that I can check it further

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 11 months ago #134462 by Ed
Sorry for the delay. I did not receive your reply to this last post.
The ticket has been submitted.

Thank you!

More
3 years 11 months ago #134471 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks. But the account you sent us is invalid. Please check and reply me via support ticket so that we can check and solve the issue

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 years 11 months ago #134479 by Ed
Reset PW. Please try again.
Thanks!

More
3 years 11 months ago #134486 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks. We will check and reply you via support ticket

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Ed

More
3 years 11 months ago - 3 years 11 months ago #134514 by Ed
Replied by Ed on topic [SOLVED] Sync CB profiles to EB?
Missed "Populate From Previous Registration" parameter set to "No".

My bad! Send me to the whippin' post!

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc