Bug: Registrants gets deleted from waiting list if payment method is changed

• Patrick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #132883 by Patrick
Hello

I use thee types of payment methods. If a user does register for Waiting list” he has not to select any payment method yet and of course not to do any payment yet.

If I want to set a registrant from Waiting list to “pending”, I want the user give possibility to select payment. By default, drop down field “Payment Method” has preselected a payment method:

This is wrong because user did not select any payment method yet. If I set value to “Payment method” and save, the registrant gets deleted!

To reproduce please do following:

In frontend register for waiting list. After go to backend and open “Registrants”. There open your new registrant and change status to “pending” and from Dropdown menu “Payment Method” select value “Payment Method”.

Save.

After saving you will notice this registrant is not in list of registrants anymore, it is deleted.

Regards
Patrick
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132891 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Patrick

Nothing is wrong here. That's how the extension is designed to work:

- Each registration record must has a payment method associated with it
- If you choose an online payment method such as PayPal and leave the status as Pending, it won't be counted as registrant in the system and by default, you won't see the record displayed
- So if you want to move registrant from waiting list to Pending and want him to be displayed and counted as Registrant, you need to publish and assign Offline Payment method for that registration record

- If you still want to see this record displayed on Registrant Management without choosing a payment method, go to Events Booking -> Configuration, set Show Incomplete Payment Records config option to Yes

Tuan

• Patrick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 1 month ago #132929 by Patrick

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: - So if you want to move registrant from waiting list to Pending and want him to be displayed and counted as Registrant, you need to publish and assign Offline Payment method for that registration record

This means, I have to "urge" the user to make payment by one offline payment?

I have Paypal and 2 offline Payments (bill and bank transfer). User on wating list will not have the possivblity to choose payment method? He must pay by bill or bank transfer, depending on my command?

Why not send users on waiting lists a link to tghe page with selection of all payments, same as when registering for an event?

For users on waiting list it is a disadvantage not to be able to choose payment method, I think.

Thanks.

Patrick

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc