How can the SameSite attribute be added to the Omnipay PHPSESSID cookie?

More
4 years 1 month ago #132809 by Steve
Omnipay sets the PHPSESSID cookie which now requires the SameSite attribute for Google. How can SameSite be added?

Is Omnipay used for PayPal only, or is it used for all payment plugins?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132812 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Steve

The payment processing library which we are using only used on some payment methods, not all. For example, with PayPal payment plugin, it's not using that library

Could I ask why you want to add this?

Tuan

More
4 years 1 month ago #132825 by Steve
Hey Tuan,

I see that I've used the wrong category so you may want to move this thread to Membership Pro.

As you know we use an extended version of the API for our Shopify app. Shopify is enforcing Chrome's samesite cookie requirement. Even though we do not use any of the payment plugins for Shopify, the PHPSESSID cookie is present.

We use Paypal and Stripe for non-Shopify transactions. Another solution would be to eliminate the cookie entirely when not needed, but I suspect adding the attribute would be much simpler.

I'm up against a very tight deadline.

Steve

More
4 years 1 month ago #132826 by Steve
I also asked on Staskoverflow where Omnipay provides support. Their answer is above my head. See stackoverflow.com/questions/60657287/how...pay-phpsessid-cookie .

More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #132853 by Steve
Hi Tuan,

We finally found the culprit, and it is not Omniapy. Sorry about that.

However, this may be an issue during checkout since Chrome now blocks cookies without the SameSite attribute.

Thanks for your help.

Steve
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Steve.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132863 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK. Thanks Steve. I will check it more, however, I don't think we use any cookie during checkout. Maybe omnipay needs it for some reasons

But I'm glad you figured out and not something causes by Events Booking

Tuan

More
3 years 7 months ago #137794 by Chris H
Hi Steve,

We are running into this issue now as well (albeit with Event Booking). Can you give me any insight into how you solved this?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc