One event with several workshops with limited numbers

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132395 by Michael
Hi,
Can someone please suggest how to set up an Event where the participant also book into some workshops during the event.
The number of attendees for each workshop is limited so when a workshop is fully booked, a participant needs to select another workshop and so on.

thank you so much
Michael

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132405 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic One event with several workshops with limited numbers
Hi Michael

I don't really know how a workshop is related to event, so I could not suggest a good solution:

- One way is setup multiple events (using additional dates plugin or recurring events) as you requested via support tickeet
- The other option is using ticket types, each workshop in this case, could be a ticket type (with limited capacity). See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/miscell.../ticket-types-plugin

Regards,

Tuan

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132406 by Michael
The relationship is like this:
A user purchase a ticket to the conference and then select which workshops to attend. The workshops are on during the conference only. There is no extra fee for attending a workshop.
There is a limited number of places in a workshop. Once a workshop is full, a user will have to select another workshop to attend.
I will look at your suggestions, however, my ticket was also about recurring events. I do not see this option anywhere (I have activated it in configuration, but can't work out how to create a repeating event - which may not resolve the problem but I would like to know anyway).
thanks

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132438 by Michael
Ok, I have set up the workshops as ticket types with a cost of $0.0

How do I export the registrants for each ticket type?

More
4 years 1 month ago #132443 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic One event with several workshops with limited numbers
Go to Events Booking -> Registrants, select the event you want (which is having ticket types), the press Export button in the toolbar

Registrants of the event (with selected ticket type) will be displayed on the export result

Tuan

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #132444 by Michael
Hi, thank you, however, I tried that and the workshops (the different ticket types) do not show up. I can see a column called #Registrants with a number 4 under it. In the test example the user booked in the conference and 3 workshops (ticket types).
I have numbered the ticket types A1, A2, A3 etc.
I would like to export workshop A1 with a list of delegates eg. a door list.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Michael. Reason: typo

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #132445 by Michael
I have found a place to view but not export the ticket types:
Under Events, the Registrants is now a hyperlink. However, there is no hyperlink in Registrants view.
Clicking on this link brings up the registrants, now with the ticket types included. However, it is not possible to export this information.

is there a setting for what is included in the export? I have all options ticked that I can find.
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Michael. Reason: added content

• Michael
  • Topic Author
More
4 years 1 month ago #132446 by Michael
I think there is a whole view missing:
Ticket types.

I need to export the various ticket types and who purchased each ticket.

thank you

More
4 years 1 month ago #132447 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Michael

I would say that if you select an event before exporting registrants, ticket type should be exported in the export

If not, you can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account and tell us ID of the event which you are exporting registrants

We will try to check to see why ticket type is not exported and get it corrected

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc