• Lionel Charrier
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #131983 by Lionel Charrier
Remaining Payment email for Offline payment was created by Lionel Charrier
Good morning Tuan

I would like to use the facilities of event booking to send a reminder to registrant for the remaining payment to be made.

I may use the "Offline Payment Reminder Email" that is common to all event. However [AMOUNT] is the total amount due by the group and I want to ask for the total amount due minus the deposit paid.
For deposit I have found [DEPOSIT_PAID] but I have not found any [BALANCE_DUE] or [REMAINING_DUE]
1) Is-it possible to indicate the remaining amount to be paid.
2) If yes, is the email sent only to the billing group or to all participants with the amount, deposit and remaning due specific to each participant ?

As an alternative solution I could use the first and second reminders that are associated with each event.
I may use the first reminder to ask payment completion 70 days before departure and the second reminder for any other details say 7 days before.
I have of course the same questions.
1) What are the tag to be inserted to indicate the total amount due, the deposit paid and the balance
2) is the email sent only to the billing group or to all participants with the amount, deposit and remaining due specific to each participant.

Well, if nothing can be made automatically, too bad, I will continue to use Outlook and Excel to generated my reminder emails !

Thanks for your usual very good advises.

Lionel
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Lionel Charrier. Reason: Said the a solution is found to the question.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #131989 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Remaining Payment email for Offline payment
Hello

1. Offline payment reminder will be sent to group billing and individual registration only. Group Member won't receive the email

2. You can use [DUE_AMOUNT] tag

The reminder plugin can be used, too. But don't send to group members (there is a parameter in the plugin to allow disabling sending reminder emails to group members)

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Lionel Charrier

• Lionel Charrier
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 1 month ago - 4 years 1 month ago #131998 by Lionel Charrier
Replied by Lionel Charrier on topic Remaining Payment email for Offline payment
Hello Tuan

I will use the first reminder as a call to pay balance due.

I have disabled Plugin "Events Booking - Payment Reminder" to avoid duplicate sending.

First reminder seems far better :
1) it can be specific to each event in therms of contains and number of days for sending before start even at the event configuration level.
2) I found how to set-up a cron for that.(Plugin ebreminder) with www.mywebsite/index.php?trigger_reminder_code= codesetupinplugin with codesetupinplugin the value entered in field "Trigger Reminder Code" of the plugin.
3) Events Booking - Reminder allows to control sending to o group billing and or to group members
4) Events Booking - Reminder allows to limit the number of mail sent at each cron occurence to be within the limitations of my Web Hosting Services.

I just made this reply to help any other member of Joomdonation that may face the same question.
Details are indicated in eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s...job-to-send-reminder

Thanks
Last edit: 4 years 1 month ago by Lionel Charrier.

More
4 years 1 month ago #132001 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Remaining Payment email for Offline payment
Great. Thanks for sharing your experience and setup

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc