How to apply member discounts with group bookings

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #131654 by intouchweb
I have a dilemma, I would like to use the member discounts feature, which would apply an automatic discount to signed-in users that belong to specific Joomla groups.

So therefore the person registering would need to be logged in for the system to recognise they are in the correct Joomla group and automatically apply the discount.

However how would that work with the group bookings feature on?

For example if an office secretary (non-member) wanted to make a group booking for a few members, or even a mix of members and non-members, how would they secure their discounts where applicable in the group booking?

Up to now, in order to allow group bookings, I have had to reluctantly allow people to book whether they are logged in or not - I have offered them custom fields to select if they are registering members or non-member for each registrant to determine the price (ie a trust system).

I would much prefer for members to be required to login to register and automate the discounts, but does that mean I have to turn off group bookings?

Any thoughts/suggestions appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #131668 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic How to apply member discounts with group bookings
Hello Mark

Yes. If you want to offer member discount for individual member (in a group registration like that), the only way is turn of group registration and only use Individual Registration

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc