Reminder emails

• intouchweb
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
6 years 1 month ago #110957 by intouchweb
Reminder emails was created by intouchweb
Small issue but is anyone else bothered that event reminders get sent immediately if a booking is made within the reminder period?
So if event reminders are set for say 7 days before the event and people book within that period, they receive both the confirmation and an instant reminder email? Is there any option to turn off reminders within the reminder period, or is this a wishlist item?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
6 years 1 month ago #110961 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Reminder emails
Hi

There is no way to turn this off, unfortunately. If you configure the system to send reminder emails, it will be sent to registrants, not depend on the date they register

So Yes, it can be a wishlist item. If there are other customers need it, we can consider adding support for it in the future

Regards,

Tuan

More
6 years 1 month ago #111161 by Roger
Replied by Roger on topic Reminder emails
Hi Tuan

I have been searching for about an hour to set the reminder period for reminder emails. Some how I can't find it any more. Can you please tell me where to look for that?

Thanks

Roger

More
6 years 1 month ago #111166 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Roger

Could you please read this documentation eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-setup/auto-reminder ? It should have all information you need to know

Regards,

Tuan

More
3 months 5 days ago #163704 by Martijn Hartong
Replied by Martijn Hartong on topic Reminder emails
Hi,

I think this would be a professional addition to the registration flow. If someone registers 1-2 days before event date they might get up to 3 reminders instantly as a welcome message.

Thanks

More
3 months 5 days ago #163731 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Martijn

So in this case, you don't want system to send reminder emails to them ?

Tuan

More
3 months 5 days ago #163737 by Martijn Hartong
Replied by Martijn Hartong on topic Reminder emails
Hi Tuan,

In this case my client pushed some button and all reminders were send to all event members...

However a late registrant does not need all reminders (looks spammy). Perhaps only the shortest timeframe can be calculated? Register 1-2 days before and still get the three day reminder, but not the week or two-week reminder. Is that possible?

Thanks

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc