Editor not saving Event Description and email temp

• fidelityhh
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #5111 by fidelityhh
Hi there,

first of all: thanks for the great component. Was exactly what I needed!

I discovered one problem:
If I insert an event description and click save, all whitespace-characters like <p> and <br /> get deleted. I had the same problem when editing email templates but was able to change it directly in the database.
The event description is inserted by other people and needs to work via backend administration.

I've tried JCE 1.5.7.1 and built-in TineMCE. Using Joomla 1.5.20.

I found a thread reporting the same problem but there it was solved by switching to JCE which does not work for me.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,
Jan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 11 months ago #5116 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Editor not saving Event Description and email temp
Hi Jan

I had one person reported the same problem because. That's because he is using the old version of Joomla (Joomla 1.5.10 or something like that, I don't remember).

In this case, there are two solutions :

1. You should upgrade to latest version of Joomla (version 1.5.21). The old version of Joomla having some security issues (It is the issue with Joomla core, not Event Booking extension) .

2. If you don't want to upgrade Joomla (maybe you hacked some core code of Joomla), please send me FTP account of your site. I need to make some small change to the component to make it works with the old version of Joomla on your site .

Thanks,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc