Cancelling an event

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #68992 by jkosick
Cancelling an event was created by jkosick
If you cancel an event in the front-end (unpublish and event) you can't see the registered users of the event to send them a cancellation notice. The course and the registrants will not show in the filters of front-end admin screen. So how can you manage something like this in the front-end? It needs to be able to used like the back-end to a large degree i think. How about a "canceled" option where it still shows the event but does not allow anyone to register and shows "Cancelled" on the event and sends out a cancellation notice? That way you can still keep the registrant information to send them updates about a new event ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #69024 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Cancelling an event
I think it will be best if we can implement a feature to allow cancelling an event from backend of the site. Basically, cancelling an event should send email notification to all registrants of that event so that they know about this cancellation.

Will find a way to implement it. However, I am afraid of it could not be available sooner than 4 weeks from today

Tuan

• jkosick
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
8 years 7 months ago #69029 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Cancelling an event
Thank you for considering it. I can wait 4 weeks and I think it would be a great addition.

Again to recap for a wish list on this:
  • A cancel button with confirmation
  • Prevent any further registrations
  • Show event as canceled
  • Send email to all registrants paid and pending that the event is canceled
  • Keep registrants for future marketing
  • Mark all registrants as cancelled

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc