Group registration issue

• Synapse
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4487 by Synapse
Group registration issue was created by Synapse
Hi Tuan,
One issue with the group bookings function...
When I state there are 'x' users, then begin processing (names etc..) after 2 users, I can skip this member and continue to billing, however billing is calculated on the number of user details entered, not on the number indicated on the first group booking page.
In many situations for our events, the actual people attending are not known at time of booking. It is necessary that the calculation be made on the number not on the details... so organisations can book and pay for places without specifying attendee details...

Your help greatly appreciated :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4488 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Group registration issue
Hi

The system works like that :

Skip this member mean I changed my mind and don't want to register for this member. So the number registrants is canculated by the the real registrants entered during registration process . That mean if you enter 10 into number registrants textbox and you only entered two people in the member detail page, the system only set the Number of registrants to 2 . It is more logic than what you suggested .

For your need, I guest we need to customize the code of the extension for you only, I don't think other users need it .

Thanks ,

Tuan

• Synapse
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 4 weeks ago #4489 by Synapse
Replied by Synapse on topic Re: Group registration issue
I see your logic...

Often people booking for my events do so before the actual participants names are known. The want to book 'x' places.

What I need in group bookings is this:

1. Enter number of Participants (x)
2. Enter (0-x) participant details (OPTION here to skip directly to billing)
2.1. If number of details is < number of participants, show message "Contact us to provide further details"
3. Billing details calculated on number of Participants (x) NOT number of details entered.

Can you contact me regarding some customization?

Cheers,

More
14 years 2 days ago #5081 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Re: Group registration issue
Hi Tuan,

I am also interested in this custom code. Groups like the Rotary or a company book seminars with us, and don't want to fill in 30 forms with personal info from 30 people. Just one person (e.g. the secretary) fills in his/her personal info and act as contact person for the group. This person also pays the bill.

Best regards, Cynthia

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc