Need help with Joomla? We are available for hire to help with Joomla customization, upgrades, maintenance, and custom development.
Explore our services

Custom Field "Message"

  • Navigonlp
  • Topic Author
  • Offline
  • New Member
  • New Member
More
12 years 4 weeks ago #48888 by Navigonlp
Custom Field "Message" was created by Navigonlp
Hi,

I am trying to create a custom field with the field type "message". It is a longer message which I put into the description field. However, it gets cut off after two lines. I tried to increase the value under "size" but nothing changes. How can I change the the amount of characters or words?

Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 4 weeks ago #48897 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Custom Field "Message"
Hi

We will need to change the type of the field description in #__eb_fields table from Tinytext to Text so that you can enter longer text for the message field

I guess you are not familar with database operation, so you can submit a support ticket sending us super admin account of your site so that I can change it for you.

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc