500 error on register button- HELP!

• Mardulia
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago - 14 years 1 month ago #4364 by Mardulia
500 error on register button- HELP! was created by Mardulia
Just now, after working on many other aspects of the site I'm putting together, I went in to events booking to test the paypal link. When I clicked on the register button I got a 500 error. Can you help me with this? I've attached a screen shot of the error message.

I'm also having troubel with a 404 error message with the core Archive module- so I don't know if this is related.

FYI I recently put my full URL into var $live_site. Would this have something to do with it? I'm just puzzled and trying to think of anything.

Thanks-

A.
Attachments:
Last edit: 14 years 1 month ago by Mardulia.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mardulia
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #4371 by Mardulia
Replied by Mardulia on topic Re: 500 error on register button- HELP!
I thought I had solved this, but not quite. I played around with the SEO settings and that worked to a degree. I can now access the registration form- but when I click on Registration Confirmation I get the same error. EventBooking does not like something here!

I have a lot of patience and I'm happy to fool around and try things to make it work- but I think this one is beyond me. I'm completely self-taught, what I know is what I've encountered. One thing I've learned along the way, is that the solution to a problem usually is a keystroke away, but if you don't know where that keystroke is- it might as well be on Mars.

This is the site: www.cpcasting.com/jcp

This error is only showing up in Event Booking.

Please help!

More
14 years 1 month ago #4373 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: 500 error on register button- HELP!
Hi

Please submit a support ticket contains FTp account and Joomla administrator account of your site . I will check it as soon as I receive the information (on tomorrow morning) .

There must be something special on your site .

Regards ,

Tuan

• Mardulia
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #4376 by Mardulia
Thank you Tuan-

I sent the ftp and admin info to through your contact form. Couldn't find a support ticket, hope that's ok.

Best

A.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4383 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

I went to your site and made some small modifications . It is working now . Please go to your site to check it .

Regards ,

Tuan

• Mardulia
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #4406 by Mardulia
Oh what a relief! Thank you so much- yes it's all working.

Perhaps you could tell me what it was? For the sake of my own education? I don't really know any programming but the more I know about how to get around in Joomla-land the better!

I'll post a review on Joomla.org-

Thanks again!

Best-

A.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4407 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi

This is something wrong with Joomla , I believe .

Normally, when the layout variable is not set, the default value for it should be "default" . It usually works like that for most of Joomla sites .

However, in some sepcial sites (I don't know the reason), for example, on your site, the layout variable is Set to "table" and the system could not find the layout and the error happends.

So the solution is making a command Jrequest::setvar ('layout', 'default') in function display() in the file controller.php (If you want to know, have a look at the file :) ) .

And thanks for willing to help me with the rating and review . It will help my extension become more popular and I can get more orders from clients .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc