Components vs Events vs Fields

• kriead
  • Topic Author
More
14 years 1 month ago #4038 by kriead
Components vs Events vs Fields was created by kriead
It seems that you can add a field to either all events or to a specific event, but not to a category. For our particular needs, it would be much better if it were possible to add a field to a category, as well as a specific event. We have certain categories that have many specific events tied to them and it would absolutely simplify things if a field could be added to a category.

Here is an example: Let's say that we have a series of seminars that people can either bring their own laptop or rent one from us. Let's assume that we have this same seminar every month and we want to add a 'yes/no' field to this particular seminar category because we are always going to ask if they need a laptop or not.

However, if we have a different series of seminars that require 3-D glasses but not laptops then we would make another category for 3-D seminars with a 'yes/no' field for whether they need to have us provide the glasses. We wouldn't ever need the laptop field for these seminars but would always need the 3-D glasses field. Therefore, adding a field to a category would always ensure that the correct yes/no field would appear on the proper event.

I would think that this could be done but do not know how.

Any suggestions?

Thank you!

kriead

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 1 month ago #4040 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Components vs Events vs Fields
Hi

The solution is that we will alllow a custom field can be assigned to multiple events (multi-select instead of single dropdown at the moment) . I will add this feature to next version of the extension .

Thanks ,

Tuan

More
13 years 11 months ago #5129 by Cynthia
Replied by Cynthia on topic Re: Components vs Events vs Fields
I am in urgent need for this feature as well. Look forward to the next release.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc