Allow registration with X amount days in advance

• Alfonso
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 1 month ago #28145 by Alfonso
Great component!!
I am using it for people to schedule donation pick-ups for a non-profit organization.
In order to correctly process the information, we require patrons to schedule at least 5 days in advance. Although we have a notice indicating to schedule at least five days in advance, our visitors keep scheduling arbitrarily, even on the same day, giving us no chance to properly schedule the pick up.
Any help will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks beforehand.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #28160 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Allow registration with X amount days in advance
Hi Alfonso

Could you please explain more detail about what you want ? What extension you are using? Please let us know the details so that we can help you.

Tuan

• Alfonso
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 weeks ago - 11 years 4 weeks ago #28195 by Alfonso
Hello Tuan,
I am using the Event Booking component version 1.5.3 on a Joomla 2.5.8 installation.
What I'd like is to prevent people from registering for a scheduled date on the next five days. This way, our customers could only schedule a donation pick-up five days in advance. This would allow us five days to properly prepare our itinerary.
You can see the component at work on svdpdenver.org .
In other words, I want to make the next five days from the current date unavailable for registration.
Thank you!
Last edit: 11 years 4 weeks ago by Alfonso.

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #28270 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Allow registration with X amount days in advance
I Alfonso

If I understand your requirement correctly, you can simply use cut off date feature in Events Booking. Basically, for each event, you can setup a cut off date and after that date , users won't be able to register for that event. Does that solve your issue ?

Tuan

• Alfonso
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 4 weeks ago #28308 by Alfonso
Hello Tuan,

Not exactly. Cut off date will not allow customers to register after a given date, my requirement would not allow registration before a given date.
Let's suppose today is 4/2/13 and I have events on 4/3, 4/4, 4/5, 4/6, 4/7 and so on, if a customer wanted to register a donation pick-up, he would not be able to do it until 4/7/13 and after. This way we would be able to properly prepare for selecting the right vehicle and itinerary on that day.
I've looked all over your component and I haven't found a setting to control this. I believe we would need to modify the code to hide or block the next five days after the current date.

Thank you for your time,
Alfonso

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc