Paid registrations on all events stopped recording

More
11 years 3 months ago #24535 by Ryan
Hello,

As of January 25th, all paid event registrations on my website stop recording in the database. All pay-at-the-door transactions continue to record in the database. All paid transactions make their way through to PayPal as I am getting payment notifications, but no registration information is in the database. Nothing has been changed or added to the website or changed in PayPal. I need some help ASAP from anyone who has been through this before.

Due to the nature of my website, I can not give admin access to either PayPal or the website itself.

Thanks,
Ryan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 3 months ago #24540 by Ryan
Update: The paid registrations are stuck in Pending. Don't know if this helps any, but I could use some help from someone ASAP. Sucks to have payments coming in and no registration notifications and thank you emails being sent.

Thanks,
Ryan

More
11 years 3 months ago #24545 by Ryan
Update:
After reading through nearly ALL of the Event Booking posts, I found this to work.

It appears that PayPal may have stepped up their security protocols last week 01/25/13. Up until today, I have never turned on PayPal IPN and designated a specific URL that PayPal had to interface with on my website to share and send PayPal transaction information. Hundreds of transactions have went out up until 01/25/13 and the necessary registrations and confirmations were completed flawlessly. All I did was put my PayPal email address in the events booking payment section and everything worked fine.

From 01/25-01/28, several dozen registrations came in and hung up in Pending. Not registrations were tracked even though the customers paid successfully via PayPal. No event notifications were sent for the PayPal transactions.

So the fix today. Turn on IPN in PayPal and direct it to the Events Booking payment plugin. When it asks for a redirect URL, input the following, making sure to add your domain.

YourDomain.com/home/index.php?option=com...ent_method=os_paypal

Once I did this, I tested 5 of my events using a credit card. All 5 events registrations posted, all 5 events sent out notifcations. Everything seemed to work flawlessly.

If this is a temporary fix, please let me know if there will be a patch. If this is how we all have to set up the PayPal communication to Events Booking, please post this information as a sticky.

Thanks,
Ryan

More
11 years 3 months ago #24563 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Paid registrations on all events stopped recording
Hi Ryan

Yesterday, it seems something wrong happens on Paypal and it didn't send any notifications back to the site when a payment completed, and that's the reasons all the records are pending (it happens to our website and some other customers as well).

So basically, the changes you made works. But normally, we don't need to change anything .

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc