Use Eventbooking on two languages?

• Bandola
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20510 by Bandola
Use Eventbooking on two languages? was created by Bandola
Hi!

Is there a way to use Eventbooking on different languages? Our original version is Swedish but we also want a norwegian version?

I would be happy if anyone could give me some clues on how to do this (if it's possible)

Regards,
Ola

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 6 months ago #20526 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Use Eventbooking on two languages?
Hi Ola

This feature is just added into the extension recently (version 1.5.1). So if your subscription is still active, simply login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade to your site. After that, it should work as expected.

Regards,

Tuan

• Bandola
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20548 by Bandola
Replied by Bandola on topic Re: Use Eventbooking on two languages?
Hi Tuan!

Great. I installed it. Had to buy a new license but it is worth it.

In the general configuration all fields are in Swedish (main language) and in the Event I am using the Norwegian translation. But there are only two fields I can configure there Short Description - and Description. What about all the other fields, such as confirmation etc? Where do I translate them?

Finally. I always get the Swedish translation on the frontend for fields from the language file (start date etc) -never the norweigan. The description is in Norwegian. I have set the event to be in norwegian and in the global configuration I have set the language to Swedish. Shouldn't the event translation (norwegian) override the global translation (swedish). I hope you understand what I mean?

Best regards
Ola

More
11 years 6 months ago #20582 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ola

In the general configuration all fields are in Swedish (main language) and in the Event I am using the Norwegian translation. But there are only two fields I can configure there Short Description - and Description. What about all the other fields, such as confirmation etc? Where do I translate them?

=> Could you please explain more detail ? Maybe you can make a screenshot of the page you are talking about ?

Finally. I always get the Swedish translation on the frontend for fields from the language file (start date etc) -never the norweigan. The description is in Norwegian. I have set the event to be in norwegian and in the global configuration I have set the language to Swedish. Shouldn't the event translation (norwegian) override the global translation (swedish). I hope you understand what I mean?

=> I am sorry but I don't understand this item. Could you please explain more detail or better make a screenshot of this page as well ?

Tuan

• Bandola
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #20593 by Bandola
Hi Tuan!

Sorry If I wasn't clear enough.

The screenshot is in from the configuration from the event. (the norwegian version). I see the fields - Short description and Description. That's fine. But when a norwegian user submits his registration the confirmation mail should be in norwegian too. Now they get the message from Configuration/Messages - that are in Swedish. I wonder how I can get a field, for example: User email body (offline payment) in norwegian too?

Screenshot 2. This is the page with the norweigan version (under construction). The intro "Norsk variant" is taken from the field Short description in the norwegian event. But the norwegian language file is not load. Anmäl (ensklid person) is swedish. Take a look at screenshot 3 to see my settings.

Does this make it clearer for you?

I am very happy for your assistance!
Ola
Attachments:

• Bandola
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #21415 by Bandola
Hi Tuan!

I need some additional help to get this work. The first and the third steps works fine (see attached files). But how do I change the description at step 2 - to english?

In the confirmation mejl I only get this short message - "Thank you for your registration". I want to add more details to this mail (with an editor).
Info like "You have registred for this event, welcome etc. All the things I add in the original language. I also want to change the subject of this mejl. Right now it is in Swedish (Tack för att du anmält dig) - This should be "Registration confirmation"

Regards
Ola
Attachments:

More
11 years 6 months ago #21419 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ola

First of all, if you are using Multilingual feature, please upgrade to version 1.5.2. I cleaned code alitle to make it easier for customer to use .

After that, please go to Event Booking -> Configuration, then check and change the messages for every language you use (In the configuration page, you can choose the language you want to save configuration for) .

Hope it is clear .

Tuan

• Bandola
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #21423 by Bandola
Hi Tuan!

Ok, I have installed the new version great.

This is what I do.

My original language is Swedish.
If I click on Configuration /General - Swedish is selected in the first dropdown box. Then I click on Messagestab to the left of General. Here I see all the fields in Swedish like Admin Email body, User email subject etc. So far so good.

Now I want to configure the english version. I click on Configuration /General and change the language to English in the first dropdown box. I click on Save. Then I click on the Messagestab again and now I see all the fields with Swedish text. I assume this is imported from the default language (Swedish). So I change the fields. For exampel I write. Please register in the form below (instead of the Swedish version of that sentence). I click on Save

Now I assume the the english text should be shown when I make a direkt link to an event where I have set the language to English (under the event configuration).

But everything is Swedish. The English language file is not "read". And the text "Please register..." is the same in both the swedish and english version.

Maybe I am doing something stupid here ;-) Anyway I am very thankful for your help!

Ola

More
11 years 6 months ago #21482 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Ola

In this case, please send me administrator account of your site so that I can check your settings. I am sure that it is just something missing !

Tuan

• Bandola
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 6 months ago #21483 by Bandola
Hi!

I have opened a support ticket about this.

Ola

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc