Invite Friend button still showing on past events

• Sherry
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 22 hours ago #15558 by Sherry
For events where the "no longer accepting registration" text is displayed (EB_NO_LONGER_ACCEPT_REGISTRATION), the Invite Friend button still displays on the event. I believe this button should no longer display on events where EB_NO_LONGER_ACCEPT_REGISTRATION is displayed, only because you would not invite a friend to an event in the past.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 11 months ago #15594 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Invite Friend button still showing on past events
Hi

This issue was fixed about 2 or 3 weeks ago. Could you please login to your account, access to Customers Area -> Orders History, download latest version and upgrade to your site ? After that, the issue will be solved .

Regards,

Tuan

• Sherry
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #15618 by Sherry
Hi Tuan,

Just re-downloaded and re-installed all the parts of the extension, cleaned the cache, did a hard refresh on my browser, and the button still displays.

www.awcoslo.org/events-calendar?task=view_event&event_id=18

What next?

Thanks,
Sherry

• Sherry
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #15837 by Sherry
Sorry, but reinstalling the latest version of the software did not fix the problem... :(

More
11 years 11 months ago #15856 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Invite Friend button still showing on past events
Hi Sherry

Sorry, I mis-undertood you before . In the past , I hided the Invite button for past events. However, customers asked me to add it into the page even events had passed and I added it.

So basically, right now, the Invite Button is always showed. If you want to hide it, you will need to look at the code and customize it yourself .

Tuan

• Sherry
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #15867 by Sherry
Would it be possible for you to tell me how to edit the code to remove it?

This is just my opinion, but inviting friends to an event in the past is counter-intuitive and illogical. To me, it seems like it would make more sense for the button *not* to display by default on past events. Do the majority of people want to invite friends to events that already happened?

It just seems to me that those customers who need it for whatever reason should be the ones who have to tweak the code to make it display. After all, they are the ones who are asking for something unusual. ;)

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc