Recurring Event - Why Is It Disappearing?

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
12 years 1 day ago #15545 by MyWorld
I'm setting up a recurring event. I made the change and then saved the event. I wanted to make a change but when I opened the file the "recurring settings" are not showing.

This does not make sense to me. Why can I not add "recurring settings" after I save an item and open it up again to edit it? Why am I only able to add "recurring days" when I first create the event?

Thanks!!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• MyWorld
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
11 years 11 months ago #15728 by MyWorld
Replied by MyWorld on topic Re: Recurring Event - Why Is It Disappearing?
No response? This is a very important part of setting up an event. Will this be available and working anytime soon?

More
11 years 11 months ago #15740 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Recurring Event - Why Is It Disappearing?
That's how the extension designed to work. Please note that when you create a recurring event, the system will create a list of children events (recurring events) . You cannot change the recurring settings because if you change it, the date of children recurring events will be changed as well and how we can know which events the date need to be changed ? What happens if the children recurring events has registrants already and we deleted it because in that date there will be no event with new recurring settings..... ?

So please do remember : Recurring settings can only be setup when you first create event . You cannot change the setting on the event created .

Hope the explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 11 months ago #15817 by ajayworld20
Replied by ajayworld20 on topic Re: Recurring Event - Why Is It Disappearing?
Hello,

I'm trying to create a 6 day long event that repeats every week between Monday and Saturday. When i set repeat to be once a week and every monday to Saturday, the application tells me 'invalid recurring setting' and when i say it should repeat once a week and select a single day(either Sunday or Monday) the application still says the same thing.

I need to have a weekly recurring event of 6days every week. How do i set that up on the system?

Thanks.

Michael

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc