Upcoming Events in a Menu

• atjensen11
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14921 by atjensen11
Upcoming Events in a Menu was created by atjensen11
I am converting our website from another CMS to the Joomla system. On the old CMS, we had a menu on the right hand side of the page that always showed upcoming events. We could configure the menu to show the next 3 events in all categories, only show events from certain categories, etc.

Is such a menu possible with events booking? If so, can anyone point me in the direction of a tutorial or How-To to accomplish this functionality?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 1 month ago #14925 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Upcoming Events in a Menu
Hi

Right now, the extension doesn't have a page to display up-coming events. However, it has a module called up-coming events (mod_eb_events.zip in the package) which display up-coming events. So for your need, there are two solutions :

1. I believe Joomla has plugin which allows you to load a module into an article (You can search for a plugin in the JED). So in this case, create an article, load up-coming events module into that article. Then create a menu item to link to that article . That would be easiest way .

2. Write a new view (in this case, you need to know Joomla programming) to display up-coming events . If you don't know how to program, maybe you can hire us to develop it for you with the price 40$ in one day .

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc