Limit the number of groups for Group Only events.

• jwdimock
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14897 by jwdimock
Hi everyone -

I've scanned over the forums and couldn't find the answer but I'd bet that I'm not the only person wondering this. We are using Event Booking for team registrations. It seems logical that the Group feature would be used for this and it works like a charm except for 1 thing, I need to limit the number of teams or groups that can register.

For example, I can only have 10 teams, but each team could have between 2 and 6 members on the team. Setting the limit of registrants to 60 could allow the registration of up to 30 teams of 2 members when we can only have 10 teams.

Has this come up before? How would I make this work for our application?

Thnaks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14898 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Limit the number of groups for Group Only events.
Hi

Unfortunately, the extension only limits total number of registrants. It doesn't limit number of groups (teams in your case). So in this case, you will have to customize the extension to have this feature or hire us to customize it for you . In case you want to hire us, the price for this development will be 180$ and it will take us 4 days for the development .

Regards,

Tuan

• jwdimock
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 1 month ago #14899 by jwdimock
Hi Tuan -

Thank you for the quick reply. I would be interested in this if it would be a selectable option inside the event and did not interfere with upgrades of the component. You can reach me on my email address so we can discuss the details.

More
12 years 1 month ago #14900 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Limit the number of groups for Group Only events.
Hi

Yes. It can be an option when you create an event. However, this will require customize the extension (many customization), so it is not possible to upgrade to future releases of Event Booking.

From my opinion, this version of Event Booking is very stable and can be used without upgrade (unless you need new features from future releases)

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc