How to move from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5

• Nobs
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago - 12 years 3 weeks ago #14798 by Nobs
Hi,

can you provide me some informations how to move from Joomla 1.5.26 with Eventbooking 1.4.5 to Joomla 2.5.4 with Eventbooking 1.4.5?

Migrating Joomla is clear and no problem, but what´s about Eventbooking - are you using the same DB scheme in J 2.5 as in J1.5?
If yes it should be possible to install EB in J2.5, copy and overwrite the Eventbooking tables to Joomla 2.5, copy the folder "/media/com_eventbooking" and it is done??

Thanks for your help.

Nobs
Last edit: 12 years 3 weeks ago by Nobs.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #14811 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to move from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
Hi Nobs

The steps are simple :

1. Export all Event Booking related database tables (database tables with _eb_ prefix) from your Joomla 1.5 site and import them into Joomla 2.5 site database .

2. Install latest version of Event Booking (1.4.4) to your Joomla 2.5 site .

3. Copy /media/com_eventbooking folder from Joomla 1.5 site to Joomla 2.5 site .

Regards,

Tuan

• Nobs
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #14867 by Nobs

More
11 years 4 months ago #23019 by twizzlermambo
Replied by twizzlermambo on topic Re: How to move from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
Hi!

Is this process still the same now? I have the latest version for Joomla 1.5 (1.4.5) and want to move all events, etc to Joomla 2.5 (with version 1.5.2).

Thanks!

More
11 years 4 months ago #23026 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: How to move from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
Hi

Yes. That process is still correct. Also, before you upgrade, please make sure you download version 1.5.2 again from Orders History. I just fixed a small issue today .

Tuan

More
11 years 1 month ago #27895 by Veli Kerim Celik
Replied by Veli Kerim Celik on topic Re: How to move from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
Hello

I have a problem with moving my events from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5. I exported all *_eb_* tables from the old site and imported them to the new one. All the events and categories show up in the back-end, but the events isn't linked with the categories.

And another little question. What is Event Time Format in configuration?

More
11 years 1 month ago #27915 by Veli Kerim Celik
Replied by Veli Kerim Celik on topic Re: How to move from Joomla 1.5 to Joomla 2.5
BUMP

More
11 years 1 month ago #28022 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Veli Kerim Celik wrote: Hello

I have a problem with moving my events from Joomla 1.5 to 2.5. I exported all *_eb_* tables from the old site and imported them to the new one. All the events and categories show up in the back-end, but the events isn't linked with the categories.

=>Maybe the reason is because you did it in the wrong way. After you imported database tables to Joomla 2.5 website, you will need to install latest version of Events Booking to the Joomla 2.5 website. Maybe you installed the latest version BEFORE importing database tables and that's the reason causing the error.

The event time format is used to determine format of event time which is showed in calendar.

Tuan

More
11 years 1 month ago #28075 by Veli Kerim Celik
Yes I think you are right. How can remove/uninstall the extension?

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote:

Veli Kerim Celik wrote: Hello

=>Maybe the reason is because you did it in the wrong way. After you imported database tables to Joomla 2.5 website, you will need to install latest version of Events Booking to the Joomla 2.5 website. Maybe you installed the latest version BEFORE importing database tables and that's the reason causing the error.

The event time format is used to determine format of event time which is showed in calendar.

Tuan

More
11 years 4 weeks ago #28169 by Tuan Pham Ngoc

Yes I think you are right. How can remove/uninstall the extension?

Just uninstall it as normal.

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc