Date Picker on Daily View not working in IE 7, IE8

• djaber
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14267 by djaber
Hello,

I just purchased this extension, and I am having an issue with Date Picker's Go Button on both Ie7 and Ie8. When I am in Daily View, I am able to use the date picker to select a date, and populate the field with the newly selected date. That part works fine.....BUT when I click the GO Button nothing happens, except an error is generated on the bottom of my browser. It seems like a javascript error, but I am unsure.

This is the error that is produced:

Webpage error details

User Agent: Mozilla/4.0 (compatible; MSIE 8.0; Windows NT 5.1; Trident/4.0; .NET CLR 1.1.4322; .NET CLR 2.0.50727; .NET CLR 3.0.4506.2152; .NET CLR 3.5.30729)
Timestamp: Thu, 1 Mar 2012 20:14:29 UTC

Line: 251
Char: 3
Code: 0
URI: http://cnsroappl006/joomla_17/index.php?option=com_eventbooking&view=calendar&layout=daily&day=2012-03-01&Itemid=486

My users are only allowed to use IE7, but I don't have this problem with any other date pickers in any of my other applications or PHP forms.

Your help and support in this matter is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• djaber
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #14272 by djaber
The IE problem is not just on my site. I wish I would have caught this issue prior, but on the Event Booking Demo page, the same issue is happening on IE 7 and 8 versions: eventbooking.joomdonation.com/index.php?...alendar&layout=daily

Your support is appreciated. I wonder if it's an issue with that datepicker, or the "Go" button function???
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by djaber.

• djaber
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #14308 by djaber
Hi, I have yet to receive a response for this IE issue, and I am wondering if this is the appropriate venue for a response, or should I submit a ticket to you via email directly, or by using the form on the contact page?

Thank you very much.
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by djaber.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14315 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Date Picker on Daily View not working in IE 7, IE8
Hi

Please submit a support ticket giving me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check it for you .

Regards,

Tuan

• djaber
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14355 by djaber
Hello,

Thank you for your reply. Currently the site is on a secured Intranet, and I am unable to provide these credentials. I would have to upload the site to an external Internet Host for you to look at and login to....

BUT I believe this issue can be resolved without any of that. The reason being is that the error is already on your own demo site here: eventbooking.joomdonation.com/index.php?...=2012-03-07&Itemid=6

If you are in IE 6,7, or 8 you will notice that once you select another date from the date picker, the "Go" button does not function.

If you take a look at the link above, you can replicate the exact problem. If you can advise me on how correct this problem, I can implement the 'fix.'

Thank you for your time and support. I will also open a ticket as you requested.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc