No confirmation or notifcation emails after paypal

• kristen
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14231 by kristen
Hi

When someone registers for an event and pays by Paypal, no confirmation email is sent to them, and no notification email is sent to the administrator. They do however show up in registrants.

For those who register with offline payments the confirmation email is sent as well as the notification email.

Am I missing a setting for the Paypal payments? On the test site for paypal payments, the emails worked, but not now on the live site.

Please advice.
Thanks,
Kristen

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14232 by Nobs
I can confirm this issue in EB 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 - please take a look at it...

• kristen
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14235 by kristen
Nobs,

Do you have more than 1 email address in the notification field (under configuration - messages)?

A registration just went through with Paypal and this time it worked. I had not done anything on my end apart from reducing the number of people receiving the email from 2 to 1....just curious if this is what might have fixed it.

Thanks,
K

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 2 months ago #14236 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: No confirmation or notifcation emails after paypal
Hi

In this case, there are two reasons could cause the error :

1. Your mail server didn't work at the time of your first registration .

2. In case you have more than one email entered, you might entered it in wrong format. The correct format is that the emails need to be seperated by comma character (for example email1@domain.com,email2@domain.com)....

Tuan

More
12 years 2 months ago #14244 by Nobs
Hi,

nope, only 1 e-mail adress under configuration -> messages.

Still no notification after paypal payment and also no entry of the new customer in the DB. So the only thing we have is the paypal payment.

Nobs

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 2 months ago #14246 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: No confirmation or notifcation emails after paypal
Hi Nobs

Could you please follow the instruction below :

1. Login to your Paypal account .

2. Access to History -> IPN History to see whether there is any IPN Message posted back to your site after somone make payment. If there are messages, can you check status of the message ?

Tuan

• kristen
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 2 months ago #14265 by kristen
Nobs,

Do you have "Show Pending Registrants " set to "yes" under "configurations - general"? That might be why you are not seeing them appear in your DB.
K

More
12 years 2 months ago - 12 years 2 months ago #14266 by Nobs
Hi,

@kristen: No, this function is actually set to "No" - the issue was also in 1.4.3 and this setting is new in 1.4.4 so I think this can´t be the reason.

@admin:

The staus of the IPN messages in Paypal is "failed" (403 - Forbidden) - but the amount was booked as it should. Do you need further informations?

Nobs
Last edit: 12 years 2 months ago by Nobs.

More
12 years 2 months ago #14287 by juliansr
hello, i also have this problem...

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
12 years 2 months ago #14322 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
@Nobs : Sorry for lately response. I was busy in the last few days to working on a new extension (also fixed a small bug in version 1.4.4 of Event Booking) .

The IPN message status is 403 means your site having a plugin (Like AdminTools Pro Or RS Firewall....) block all the IPN messages from Paypal. Thats the reason the no registration records from back-end, no emails sent..... . In this case, please submit a support ticket tiving me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check it for you .

@juliansr : The same might happens with your site. Do you might submit a support ticket giving me access to your site so that I can check it ?

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc