Categories display in archive view

• bytekultur
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 months ago #13944 by bytekultur
Categories display in archive view was created by bytekultur
Hi all,

has someone experienced this before: I tried to make a menu for an event cateogry "conferences". Additionally I have a category called "workshops". Both should be administered in events booking, but shown separately.

I have the conferences and workshops as event category menu, but also want a separate archive for them. From the menu settings I found, this should be possible, but when I set up a menu i see all events, no matter which category i chose in the menu params.

I ask this question here as I so far didn't get an answer to contacting the support.
Maybe someone can help here?

Best regards and thanks in advance,
Terry

---
I use Joomla 1.7.3 and Event Booking Version 1.4.2

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 3 months ago #13946 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Categories display in archive view
Hi Terry

The setting should work (infact, it works for all other customers, I believe). So I believe there is something wrong with your settings...

In this case, please submit a support ticket giving me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check it for you.

Regards,

Tuan

PS : Not sure how you contacted me for support but I didn't see any emails or support tickets from you ! What email you emailed to me ?

• bytekultur
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago - 11 years 11 months ago #15720 by bytekultur
Replied by bytekultur on topic Re: Categories display in archive view
Hi, sorry for the late response - I emailed via the hotmail address you posted for support here: joomdonation.com/index.php?option=com_co...icle&id=79&Itemid=58 . We are currently upgrading the system and I will check again then and go through the documentation again. What could I do wrong with settings to prevent categories to be displaid?

Best regards,
Terry
Last edit: 11 years 11 months ago by bytekultur.

More
11 years 11 months ago #15741 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Terry

The email is just my hotmail account use for chatting via MSN Messenger, I don't check it so often . Please email it to contact@joomdonation.com or better access to Customer Area -> Support Tickets to submit a ticket .

Regards,

Tuan

• bytekultur
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 11 months ago #15755 by bytekultur
Replied by bytekultur on topic Re: Categories display in archive view
Hi Tuan,

thank you very much.
I have installed eventbooking now on a local xampp server and have done the following:
  1. install the component
  2. got to categories and create two on top level
  3. go to events and create 3, two in one and 1 in the other
  4. go to menus and create a meny of type "event archive" and select one category
What happens is that all 3 events are displaid, not just the ones from the respective category.
So: no configurations done at all, no settings changed.

Could you maybe do the same? I don't see what settings should cause this, my Joomla is a basic installation in english, I have tried with 1.7 and 2.5 and it's the same.

Could the language file be the problem? There is a missing translation somehow, as you can see in my attached screenshots, it produces the view "com_eventbooking_archive_VIEW_DEFAULT_TITLE", but that's all i can see.

Best regards,
Terry

More
11 years 11 months ago #15781 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Terry

In this case, please setup your site on a server. Then submit a support ticket sending me administrator and FTP account of your site so that I can check and fix it for you .

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc