Change the Location fields for event creation

• thnght
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 7 months ago #11003 by thnght
Hi I will like to find out how can I change the location field for event creation to fill up the location as text instead of getting the location from the location list from the locations created in the event booking backend using administrator login.

That is when I create a new event in the frontpage, I want to be able to add in the location by just filling it up as a open text field. THanks for the help. :lol:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 7 months ago #11016 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Change the Location fields for event creation
Hi

I am sorry but we cannot do that in Event Booking except that you customize the extension. By it's design, location of Event Booking will be displayed on google map, so for each location, we need to enter name and it's address... For now, locations can only be created from back-end and you can choose it from available locations .

So if you need to do that, you will have to customize the code (there will be serveral places in the component need to change) and you will get difficulty when upgrade to new version of the extension .

Regards,

Tuan

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc