Custom messages per event?

• htpgh
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #10752 by htpgh
Custom messages per event? was created by htpgh
I see that there are various messages that can be customized in the Configuration-Messages section.

Is is possible to customize those messages per event? In other words, it would be a good option to have the same set of messages on a tab in the event configuration screen, and there would be an override checkbox that would allow the administrator to override the default (Configurations-Messages) message for each one or leave it blank and have it default to the general message.

Also, just a small typo notice: in all the default messages, the expression should be "is as follows" (with an "s"), not "is as follow". Just watching out for you!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 8 months ago #10774 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Custom messages per event?
Hi

The answer is "Yes, It is possible" . When you add/edit an event, there is a tab called Advanced settings. In this tab, you will see serveral messages option . If you enter the messages on this tab, it will override the messages in Configuration. If you leave it empty, the message in Configuration will be used .

Regarding the default messages, thanks for letting me know. I will change it. However, as you see, you will be able to change it yourself in Configuration area of the extension .

Regards,

Tuan

• htpgh
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #10779 by htpgh
Replied by htpgh on topic Re: Custom messages per event?
Thanks, missed that!

Another message issue: I tried using the [AMOUNT] tag in the Cnofirmation Message (in Configuration) and it did not substitute the amount - it just added "[AMOUNT]" to the message output.

More
12 years 8 months ago #10784 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Custom messages per event?
Hi

What message you are talking about ? Please give me more information .

Regards,

Tuan

• htpgh
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 8 months ago #10785 by htpgh
Replied by htpgh on topic Re: Custom messages per event?
It is the on-screen message that appears just before clicking to the final registration.

It is in the Configuration tab under the "Confirmation message" heading.

I created one that used the [AMOUNT] tag but it did not fill in the amount. It just added "[AMOUNT]" to the text.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc