Problems with Event Registration

• grapple
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #10289 by grapple
Problems with Event Registration was created by grapple
Hi!

We purchased the Event Booking extension, I installed and and have been testing it but I am experiencing some problems:

I started straight out with creating paid event with PayPal set to process live payments and went ahead and registered in the site front-end. Everything seemed to go through properly, the component redirects to PayPal, I make the payment and get redirected back to the site to the "Registration Completed" screen, the email goes out to the registrant confirming that they have registered for the event BUT the registrant does not show up in the list of registrants in the back end. Tested several times with the even belonging to a category or not. I also noticed that the notification emails to the admin contact set in "Configuration > Messages" do not go out.

I then switched the event to a free event and ran the tests with Joomla in debug mode. Now the registrant gets added to the registrant list but the admin contact still does not receive the notification email and the "Registration Completed" screen now shows a warning at the top, probably because of the debug mode: "You must provide at least one recipient email address."

I Googled around for this message and it appears that it is a PHP Mailer error message when the "To" field is not properly set but I have no idea if I have set something wrong somewhere. Oddly enough, our Joomla installation sends emails fine from two other extensions without any issues, both to the admin and to the recipient as needed. Our Joomla version is 1.6.6.

Not having much fun at this point... Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
12 years 9 months ago #10349 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Problems with Event Registration
Hi

That's strange. Could you please submit a support ticket give me administrator account of your site so that I can have a look at it and fix it ?

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 9 months ago #10353 by Blogplog
Replied by Blogplog on topic Re: Problems with Event Registration
Hi Tuan,

I suddenly seem to be having the same problem. Registrants to free events show up in the "registrants" list just fine. But paid registrations going to Paypal are paid by Paypal and show up in all Paypal and bank accounts but do not show up in the list of registrants.

Please copy me on the answer.

Thanks!

• grapple
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 9 months ago #10354 by grapple
Replied by grapple on topic Re: Problems with Event Registration
Hi, Tuan!

I have to apologize but the problem has been resolved and it had nothing to do with Event Booking itself. Blogplog, read on for a possible solution to your problem as well.

Our server is still in the testing stages and is currently behind an Apache password authentication. This, of course, blocks IPN (Instant Payment Notifications) POSTs from PayPal. I was aware of this and would open access to the server whenever I would run tests for the eCommerce extensions running on the site. However, I forgot that I set up some recurring payments through PayPal and had locked up the server before going on holidays.

Naturally, all recurring payment IPN POSTs from Paypal while I was away failed. After several failures, PayPal turns IPN POST notifications off which is what happened in our case. I realized that only after I found out that not only Event Booking but some other eCommerce extensions on our site had the same problem.

Sure enough, logging into PayPal and checking the IPN status under the merchant Profile showed that IPN's had been turned off for the test server URL. We turned them back on and everything is running smoothly now :)

Thank you for the prompt response,Tuan, and I hope this feedback will help someone else experiencing the same problem. Event Booking remains an excellent extension in my experience.

Cheers!

More
12 years 8 months ago #10358 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great it works now ! Thanks so much for sharing your experience with community !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 8 months ago #10562 by da8iwr
Replied by da8iwr on topic Re: Problems with Event Registration
HI Thanks, i think we have the same issue. Can i ask it also asks for the "Notification URL", is this just the website URL, or do is it need to point to a specific URL in our site for it to work?

Many thanks and honestly, amazing component :)
Ian

More
12 years 8 months ago #10595 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Update : Talked with @da8iwr on Skype and we found that AdminTools plugin causes this issue . The solution is unpublish this plugin or better, add Paypal IP to whitelist of AdminTools so that Paypal IPN works well !

Regards,

Tuan

More
11 years 3 weeks ago #28504 by Petr Holusa
Replied by Petr Holusa on topic Re: Problems with Event Registration
This IPN is driving me crazy.

Can anyone explain in short thus notification URL or return url?

Thank you very much.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc