Export Event Registrations - Add Ticket Type Information

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 2 months ago #156692 by David Unwin
Not sure how many users use Ticket Types? We use them for all our events
We have different Ticket Types each event i.e.
A1 - Adult : Price 10.0
S1 - Senior: Price  7.50
C1 - Child: Price 5.00
We do have a lot more than this in actual use as we link to Membership Pro and Members get discounted tickets
When we export the data we can see the total registrants and the total price. However we can't see how the ticket was split between A1, S1 and C1.
It would be very useful for us if we could see how many tickets of each type were sold for the event.
So we would like to see extra fields in the export
Type  No(purchased)   Price
A1      2                      10.0
S1      1                      7.50
C1      2                      5.00
This would make our analysis much better
Kind regards
David

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 2 months ago #156698 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello David

To include ticket types data in the export, before pressing Export button, you need to select an event which has ticket type. Then registrants of that selected event with ticket types data will be exported

Tuan

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 2 months ago - 1 year 2 months ago #156701 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for coming back to me on this and yes I can see that by selecting one event it works
However, the problem we have using what you suggested is that during our season we run approximately 10 events per day , 7 days a week for more than 20 weeks so that is around 1400-1500 events we would have to manually export and then merge to do our annual analysis of events.
The standard export without selecting an event, exports all events with the fields specified in the config for export together with custom fields that that you choose not hide on export. However, there is no option for Ticket Types. 
So that is why I would like to have the option to export ticket types.
I would be happy to pay for the development of this feature. 
Ticket types for us is one of the main reasons we use Events Booking as it gives us all the flexibility we need to have varied pricing of our events for different groups of attendees
It would also be useful to have feature where you could have Ticket type templates that you could call on each events rather than having to enter for each event. See screen shot of 2 of the ticket types we use.
Kind regards
David

Attachments:
Last edit: 1 year 2 months ago by David Unwin. Reason: Add ticket types

More
1 year 2 months ago #156704 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

The problem here is that each event has it own tickets. So if you export 10 events here and each event has it own 4 tickets for example, there will be 40 extra columns in the export, so it is hard to manage

Not sure how you want the export result to be arranged in this case?

Tuan

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 2 months ago #156707 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Yes, I can see your point on this. I suppose the only way it would work is if each ticket type was  like a Event Booking custom fields, with the options
Ticket Type, Capacity, price, access etc. But even then it creates problems.
I will have a re-think on this.
Kind regards
David

More
1 year 2 months ago #156708 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
The other option is having only one Ticket Types column which list all ticket types of that registration. For example: Adult: 3, Children 5
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 2 months ago #156709 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
I don't quite see how that works???
I don't want to take you away from other important work supporting and developing Events Booking (and Membership Pro)
When you have a bit of time could you explain a bit more about "The other option is having only one Ticket Types column which list all ticket types of that registration. For example: Adult: 3, Children 5". 
or I could give you access and you could set up a sample ticket type to explain.

Kind regards
David

More
1 year 2 months ago #156714 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

Currently, when you export registrants, for each ticket type, we need a separate column in the export file to show quantity of that ticket type.

Since each event has it own ticket types, if you export multiple events, there will be many columns included and that won't work

So a solution is customizing the code so that instead of so each column for a ticket type, we just show all ticket types in a single called called Tickets. So if Registrant book for Ticket Type A and B, that column will show:

A: 1, B: 5 (mean 1 ticket type A and 5 ticket type B)

We won't have to worry about number of columns in this case. But this will require custom development (quite difficult) since this is not supported

Regards,

Tuan

• David Unwin
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
1 year 2 months ago #156715 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for the reply and explanation. Having put some thought into the issue based on your explanation I can see your point on how complex it could become to achieve what we would like.
I suspect we push your software to limits because of the number of events we run each day and the complexity of our pricing structures for our events
We have individual memberships (adult, Senior, Student)  and Family memberships of 2 to 6 people from 1 adult and 1 child through to 2 Adults and 4 children. A family membership gives people free entry to most of our events, but they can also book extra tickets at public prices. The same applies to,  Individual memberships. The public can book a combination of Adult, Senior and Children tickets, each at a different price.
So the  way we use Events Booking (with Ticket types) in combination with Membership Pro fulfils our requirements and , all for around $80 per year, which is excellent value for money as far as we are concerned.

We can analyse how many people come to our events and how much revenue we take from each event.  I think maybe we have to live with that for time being as our booking season will start in another month and I do not want to create problems for ourselves. This is something we can revisit at the end of the season in September. We would still be willing to fund some development to improve exporting of more data to help our offline analysis.
Thanks again for the great support you provide for us.
Kind regards
David

More
1 year 2 months ago #156720 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
OK David. Use it as how it is for now. Then when you have more time, we can think about it to see what could be improved to make works better.

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc