Extend sorting feature : "Upcoming Events"

• Dol
  • Topic Author
  • JC
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #154362 by Dol
The sorting of events according to their date is set globally in the component configuration.
It is impossible to offer a different display depending on the needs, either from the menu links or from the modules.
And that's a real big problem.
I have a site that offers training.
Some training are during several months, while others over one or couple days.
Courses over several months need to be displayed all together on one page until their end date.
But I also need to display the next upcoming trainings in a slider, taking only those whose start date is beyond today's date, and discarding those that have already started.
With the current system, it is impossible because neither the modules nor the menus make it possible to define a criterion of temporality different from that which is in the global configuration.
However, this seems to me to be an important parameter and I do not believe that I am the only one to have this kind of need, especially since most of the other event management components offer this feature.
Is it possible to see this feature added soon?
Best regards,
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Dol.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 5 months ago #154363 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Extend sorting feature : "Upcoming Events"
Hello Dol

To be honest, the description of the issue is not very clear to me. Exactly how you want to sort events in each of the menu item? I guess there should be a way to handle it in the extension, just need to understand more about your requirement

Tuan

• Dol
  • Topic Author
  • JC
More
1 year 5 months ago - 1 year 5 months ago #154365 by Dol
Hi Tuan,

I will try to be clearer.

In the general configuration of the component, I chose "Show Upcoming Events Until Event End Date". 

Because in this page, I need to show all events from differents categories which are during several months. 
www.cedre.org/formations-du-cedre/les-formations-annuelles
It is important to present the upcoming trainings with those that have already started but have not yet been completed, to allow visitors to have a complete view of the annualy trainings.
I use a menu item like "Categories > Events list" (and categories have a table layout presentation).

On the homepage, I need to promote only upcoming trainings and so exclude those that have already started (look at the second section with just 3 event thumbnails).
www.cedre.org/
For that, I use a module ("Events Booking - Upcoming Events").
This module does not allow to exclude events that have already started, but only choose between "Upcoming Events", "Past events" or "All".
For remember, in the general configuration of the component, I chose "Show Upcoming Events Until Event End Date". 
So to exclude events that have already started I must set as "featured" the events I want to display and set the module parameter "Only Show Featured Events" to "yes".
But I regularly have to manually change the "featured" status of each completed event because the component doesn't allow to handle this.

Is it clearer now?

Best regards,
Last edit: 1 year 5 months ago by Dol.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc