relative cutoff dates for recurring events

• ivolucien
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 3 months ago #7366 by ivolucien
It would be great if we could set the cutoff date to a number of days prior to the event date.

Example: There is a recurring event on every Monday for the next year, which has a cutoff date of 3 days before each event (i.e. register by the Friday prior to each event.)

What do folks think?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 1 week ago #8708 by Ali Mirzazadeh
Replied by Ali Mirzazadeh on topic Re: relative cutoff dates for recurring events
Oh Yes, I Exactly look for an option like this... Pleeaaase do it...

More
13 years 1 week ago #8712 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: relative cutoff dates for recurring events
Hi

This feature was implemented in the latest version (few days ago). When you create a recurring, assume that you enter event start date and event cut off date for the parent event, then the difference between these two date will be used to calcuate the cut off date for the children event .

For example, of the event start date is 04/26/2011 and the cut off date is 04/23/2011, then the difference between the two dates is 3 days and it will be used to calculate cut off date for the children event . If the next event happens on 05/02/2011 for example, the cut off date will be set to 05/29/2011 (3 days) .

Hope my explanation is clear to you .

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 1 day ago #8884 by vyruz
Thanks for this modification, I really needed this!

One thing though: This doesn't seem to work for updating child events.
I have created my events already, so I don't want to go through the effort of re-creating 20 events and loosing all registrants.

Can you please make this work so I can just update my child events automatically?

thanks!

More
13 years 7 hours ago #8946 by mikej
You probably have, but when you click on the parent event down on the bottom right hand side of the event there is a button that says "Update Child Event" did you check mark that and click save?

More
13 years 5 hours ago #8951 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: relative cutoff dates for recurring events
Hi all

"Update Child Event" only allows you to update basic information (description, price....) but It doesn't update children event date. So in this case, I am afraid of you need to update your events manually. Sorry for the inconvenience !

Regards,

Tuan

More
13 years 5 hours ago #8954 by mikej
Is there a way to make it update all of the events at the same time. Would make it a lot easier for events that reoccur, especially if you have 4 events that reoccur every day for say 3 months :P. You the man Tuan! Keep up the good work!

More
12 years 11 months ago #9092 by mikej
Is there a way to code it to update all of the events?

More
12 years 11 months ago #9103 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It is alitle complicated so I think I will leave it until version 1.3.4 !

Regards,

Tuan

More
12 years 11 months ago #9118 by mikej
Works for me! For now I will just make sure I have it right the first time when creating the parent item lol. It really isn't a huge deal, I mean if something changes for now you can always just recreate the parent event and have it reoccur. Easy enough for now :)

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc