• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 9 months ago #145258 by Graham S. Jarvis
User Registration Integration was created by Graham S. Jarvis
Hello,

is it reasonable to have the concept of events where people have to create a Joomla account and other events where it isn't needed.

I'm running EB for events which are (physical attendance courses and other event which are "just" lectures, talks, speeches, etc.
It would be good if I could allow 'User Registration Integration' for the course events - this would allow me to create user areas with course material etc.
but not have 'User Registration Integration' for the other events where people just turn up and might not be seen again.

What do you all think?

Thanks,
-Graham-
The following user(s) said Thank You: JayBEE

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 9 months ago #145267 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic User Registration Integration
For now, if you need it, I guess some customization to the code will be needed. If there are more users need it, we might support it in the future

Regards,

Tuan

More
2 years 2 months ago #149398 by Claude
Replied by Claude on topic User Registration Integration
having the user registration integration as an optional option would be highly appreciated

More
2 years 2 months ago #149456 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Will think more about it and might add a new setting for each event to allow turn on/off users registration integration in the future

Tuan

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150802 by JayBEE
Replied by JayBEE on topic User Registration Integration
Yes, I now have a need for this feature as well.  It would be great if we can use it on a per event basis and not have it for every event.

If I had the user register an account after they registered for an event, is there a way to associate the event registration with the newly registered account?  If so, please share the method to do so.

Thank you.

• Graham S. Jarvis
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150807 by Graham S. Jarvis
Replied by Graham S. Jarvis on topic User Registration Integration
Hello,
re your question : "If I had the user register an account after they registered for an event, is there a way to associate the event registration with the newly registered account? If so, please share the method to do so."

The way around that you suggest - event registration becoming a J! user doesn't work - they have to use a new E-Mail address and when they are told that the one they are using is already in use that generally confuses them :)

What I have done this in the past is to set 'User Registration Integration' and for each event I used the same or a per-event J! group and set this group via the 'Joomla Group Settings' tab per event.
Then I could go through these groups and delete all users that had not logged in for 6 months. Of course sometimes I forgot (or couldn't be bothered) and this means a lot of J! users who will never login.

And that's why I suggested the new feature ;)

-Graham-

More
2 years 3 weeks ago #150834 by JayBEE
Replied by JayBEE on topic User Registration Integration
Hi,
So on my development site (Joomla 3.9.21 under PHP 7.4), I registered a non-Joomla user for an event, then using the same email address in the registered event, created a Joomla user.  As I expected, Joomla successfully created the user.  Then I was able to associate the newly created user with registered event.

So I have a work-around until this feature is added to Events Booking.

Regards,
JayBee

More
1 year 10 months ago #151943 by Christina
Replied by Christina on topic User Registration Integration
I too have need of this. We offer discounted events for members but at present, it is two processes. I'd like to have a user register for the event and be able to select add membership which will be included in the price of registration as well as adding the price depending on the circumstances.

It would also be amazing if we could link events to membership pro so a user pays for membership and can tick an event registrations box so its one process.

More
1 year 10 months ago #152266 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

In case someone needs this option, I just implemented the option to allow changing User Registration option per event. By default, it is Use Global (mean it uses setting from Configuration), but you can turn on/off user registration per event

If you want to use this feature, access to My Downloads menu item, download latest package, upgrade it to your site to use this improvement

Regards,

Tuan

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc