Resize and cut event image uploaded from registered users

• davide
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 6 months ago #138737 by davide
Hi Devs,
I ask you to implement: automatic resize and cut event images uploaded from registered users (frontend).

Thanks!

Davide

cosmogoniA
n o p r o v a r e n o f a r e o n o n f a r e n o n c e p r o v a r e

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #140434 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Davide

Just want to update that this is now supported in latest version 3.14.0 of Events Booking. You just need to set Resize Event Image config option to Yes, and set the size you want for the image and it will be resized with that configured size

Tuan

• davide
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 3 months ago #140453 by davide
Hi Tuan!
This is a very good news!

If possible I would like to know if this option will permit to resize and crop the event image.
For example, if the uploaded images is 3000x6000px, this feature can resize it to (for example) 400x400px? Can it crop and resize the image uploaded?

Many thanks!

cosmogoniA

More
3 years 3 months ago #140461 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
There are two options: Resize and Crop Resize. It's configurable (It works in the same way with thumbnail creation)

Tuan

• davide
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141093 by davide
Renewed!
Sorry for late reply, but seems that the notification of your reply did not reach me.
Anyway, thanks and tomorrow I will upgrade EB and configure the new feature, WAW!! :-)

Thanks

cosmogoniA

More
3 years 2 months ago #141099 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Great. Thanks davide for renewing the subscription

Tuan

• davide
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141359 by davide
Hi Support,

I've installed the latest EB release, where I can see the option "Crop Resize" but I'm unable to understand how configure EB for automatic reducing the weight of an image when it's publish on frontend by a registered user.
For example the user upload a 12MB image, and I would like EB reduce it (as well as in size) within the expected dimensions.

Could you give me some help?

Thanks!

Davide

cosmogoniA

More
3 years 2 months ago #141376 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Davide

The extension can only resize the image to the certain size (width/height) you want.

And I believe when the image is resized like that, the size (in MB) will also be resized. Are you saying that the size is still the same (12MB) like before?

Tuan

• davide
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141393 by davide

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote: Hi Davide

The extension can only resize the image to the certain size (width/height) you want.

Ah, this behavior alone is of little use, If we want to encourage the user to upload images, the procedure must be simple.
The component must resize the image to the preset jpg quality, and not pretend to do this by the user.

This is a fundamental thing if we want to open the publication to registered users, without this feature EB remains seriously incomplete.
Google also indexes based on the size of web pages and images are crucial in this regard.
I am very surprised that even today, after years of component development, this feature is missing. Very serious mistake in my opinion.

I am not at all happy to have seen this today.

cosmogoniA

More
3 years 2 months ago #141397 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

What's the quality of the image you want to receive? For the time being, I made a quick modification to make it 80%. You can get this file, unzip it, upload the received file to administrator/components/com_eventbooking/model/common folder, then test it and let me know if it reduces the size of the file as you width

I will make this parameter (quality) available in the next release, but you will have to wait for 7 to 10 days because the new year holiday is coming here in our country and I don't have much time to work these days

Tuan
Attachments:

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc