Custom Field Categories for field groupings in registration forms

• Brian F
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
4 years 2 months ago #131309 by Brian F
We're continually needing to create different groupings of custom fields per event for out client(s) within the registration forms. Such as in a current event, we have a group of fields referred to as "Receptions" with a grouping of custom fields such as: "Will you attend the Welcome Reception?" (Yes/No), "Will you attend the Cocktail Reception?" (Yes/No), etc. And another grouping of custom fields such as "Which event tracks will you attend?" and there's several Yes/No selections for that grouping of custom fields. Similar to the attached screenshot.

Those Yes/No fields are just examples, we use all different type of custom field groupings; text fields, textarea fields, etc.

What I've been doing is applying CSS to space apart each grouping and jQuery to add group titles above each grouping of custom fields. Problem however with using jQuery is I can't get it to work for group registrations since the Member fields are created dynamically based instead of on page load and the jQuery has already ran.

A feature I would like to request is to have Custom Field categories, such as I could create a "Receptions" category and assign my related custom fields to that category and in the registration forms it would group those custom fields together in a section with the "Receptions" title; similar to my attachment.

Thanks!
Attachments:

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc