Customization Request for Calendar Event filtering

• faramade
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #38603 by faramade
Let me know if this is something your development team can handle Tuan.
I want to customize the Calendar display, so that in addition to the dropdown for the year and months I will also have three additional dropdowns.

I want this for calendar module and menu.

1: State
2: Counties (consist of multiple cities)
3: Region (consist of multiple counties)

In order for this to work, we will need to create additional fields in location:
1: County
2: Region

If you are able to, the module should give the option to preselect a state county or region and city. (Only if you can accomplish this)

The county and region field will be used for filtering the events.

The way it would work is that if I am view the calendar displaying a particular category, I can now use the dropdown to view that same category in a particular county or region. So I will select a state and the state will populate the region and the counties available for that state (will populate only county and region with events not empty. Upon selection of a county or a region the calendar will display events in selected category that is available in that area.

Let me know how much this will cost. I am sure other people are interested in it.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• faramade
  • Topic Author
More
10 years 5 months ago #38663 by faramade
Hi Tuan,

Is this something that your dev team can do? I am still waiting for an answer. Please answer

I started creating the additional field but somehow I am now able to connect it with the database so it is showing the title but now the dropdown data in the field.Where do I have to edit. I have gone in there and added to some files but can not find the one that connects it to the database so it can pull the field data just like you have it under country.

What I am trying to do is to have someone select a state and all the regions will be populated and then select a region in which case all the counties will be populated and the person can now select the county they desire. This is to take care of the second part of the request above.

I have attached an image of the location so you can see, this is the same both in the backend and frontend.

Waheed
Attachments:

More
10 years 5 months ago #39059 by paced
Hi, I agree that the Calendar filtering (or search) is weak without additional filtering options.

I have a client who has global members who need at least city/state/country filtering, but also ability to search for an event between date ranges. They have asked me to source a solution to do this. Any chance one or more of these changes (including date-range filtering) can be added?

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc