Field "Speaker"

• Websquirrel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #25588 by Websquirrel
Field "Speaker" was created by Websquirrel
Hello,

I found the Field "Speaker" in Section "Extra Information". This is exactly what I was looking for but I miss a very important function: linking this field with the speaker's profile, info page or website.

I am using EB for building a website for an educational institution that offers workshops. Every speaker has a profile page. So it would be nice if there were a connection between speakers and their events from both sides (integration of events into profile pages as well as link from speaker field to speaker profie).

Is this already possible? If yes: how? If no: could you please put that on your list? ;)

By the way: how can I display field Speaker in table view? Currently it is only displayed in details page.

Another wish in this case: I would appreciate an integration with Cobalt . I believe, that Cobalt and EB could work perfectly together building up great sites. :)
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Websquirrel.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Websquirrel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago - 11 years 2 months ago #25926 by Websquirrel
Replied by Websquirrel on topic Re: Field "Speaker"
no reply within 5 days? :dry:
Last edit: 11 years 2 months ago by Websquirrel.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 2 months ago #25927 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Field "Speaker"
Sorry. Please don't post your questions under feature witshlish forum. Please post it in General Discussion forum in the future.

Regarding your question, I think you will need to create speakers as Joomla articles , then in the value of the Speaker field, you can enter the link to that article (you can enter html code like <a href="LINK">Speaker Name</a>

Something like that should work.

Tuan

• Websquirrel
  • Topic Author
More
11 years 2 months ago #25931 by Websquirrel
Replied by Websquirrel on topic Re: Field "Speaker"
Sorry, too, was my mistake.

And how can I Display Field Speaker in table view? I only found the option to display it on Details Page.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
11 years 2 months ago #25965 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Re: Field "Speaker"
Hi

Unfortunately, these fields cannot be displayed in table layout. It can only be displayed in default layout and event detail page. If you want to have the information displayed in the table layout, you will need to find someone to customize the code for you.

Tuan

More
10 years 10 months ago #32372 by torgrim
Replied by torgrim on topic Re: Field "Speaker"
Is the update with fix for this out? Need to be able to translate "Speaker" and "Number hours".

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc