Hide Event Date When Not Set/Date Text Field

• jmclaren7
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 5 months ago #12346 by jmclaren7
I have certain events that are ongoing and rather then repeating the event i find it easier to use one event and integrate it into an article. The only down side is the event date, id rather have it not show especially if i dont set it (shows as 11-30--0001 12:00 am).

To complement that feature it would be logical to add an optional text box to add details about the date or replace the date all together. i.e. "Rain Date: 11/11/11" or "Every Wednesday at 6:00pm"

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• jmclaren7
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 4 months ago #12690 by jmclaren7
Replied by jmclaren7 on topic Re: Hide Event Date When Not Set/Date Text Field
Im still working to find away around my issue (above) im getting ready to dive in and do a little coding but before i do; has anyone found ways to accomplish something similar?

More
12 years 3 months ago #13106 by trustinghim
Replied by trustinghim on topic Re: Hide Event Date When Not Set/Date Text Field
Hello!

I'm looking for exactly the same feature: The ability to register for an ongoing, recurring event (e.g. every Wednesday, 6 p.m.). My client wants people to register to show their commitment during that time. What we're looking for is for more and more people to sign up as time goes on. I can live with an "end" date (assuming that I can extend it later). The biggest challenge I've noted so far is that once the START date has passed, Event Booking won't allow them to register.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Blessings,
Teresa

More
12 years 3 months ago #13463 by trustinghim
Replied by trustinghim on topic Re: Hide Event Date When Not Set/Date Text Field
For others who might stumble across this post, I've found the solution to my problem (registering participants after the event has started).

Simply enter a "cut off date" that is into the future - perhaps your "end" date. (If no cut off date is entered, the system assumes registration is closed when the event begins).

For our application, we decided to prevent the "date" from displaying and just put the date/time info in the description. That would, of course, create problems if you wanted it to show up on a calendar or in Upcoming Events, etc. In our case, we just want to get people signed up as participating, so we're not using the calendar display.

Teresa :)

More
11 years 6 months ago #19808 by onsponge
This is exactly what we have done. I choose the last week of the year and remove dates from my weekly calendar view. If you are still getting email notifications from this thread it would be good to see if there were other things in common with this that we can share.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc