Disable Duplicate registrations based on e-mail

• patgaytx
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 6 months ago #11796 by patgaytx
Disable the ability of someone to register if the e-mail address they are using has already been used.

We survey our attendees after the event and use these e-mail addresses to survey. We want everyone to provide a legitimate e-mail address.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• patgaytx
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15174 by patgaytx
I'm interested in paying for this functionality to be added to a future release. Can you quote the cost to add this?

Preferably, the tool would check the e-mail the person entered using AJAX or the like so the user could opt to enter another e-mail address before trying to save and being told that the e-mail address already exists. If this is more work than is feasible, getting a message upon attempting to register would be ok. This should work both on Individual and Group registrations (thought the group registration would need to check the email value entered on the form before it's posted to the database along with testing the database.

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15203 by djaber
Tuan has said that this feature will be available soon ( a couple months back he said it will be avaible in a few days), still waiting on it though. I think it's a necessary, and a common function; Checking the database against duplicate emails is universal.

Especially with public events, having users create an account, then login, then register for the event is rather cumbersome for Public events...and is just not feesible for my site.

• patgaytx
  • Topic Author
More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15204 by patgaytx
I was given a quote of $80 to add it. Are you interested in splitting the cost?

More
12 years 3 weeks ago #15206 by djaber
Even though I was hoping that this will be a standard feature in the application going forward, obviously it is not as you were given a quote. That's rather unfortunate.

But to answer your question, Yes, I would be willing to split the cost for this feature. Due to security reasons, I am unable to give the EventBooking developers access to my server. I would rather be given the code and the documentation(basically where the updated code goes into what files/functions, etc..) for this feature so I can apply the 'fix' myself. Or even the updated plugin zipped, with instructions on how to implement it.

I would think it's a rather simple piece of code as you elaborated. Basically an AJAX type of call that checks the Database email field, and returns a message similiar to "This email is already registered for this event" if the email had already been used....shoot, if I had the time I would attempt to do it myself.

My main criteria for this function is it must work for NON-LOGGED in users and for Public events.

Moderators: Tuan Pham Ngoc