Insert help indications with image before (simple) submission event form

• davide
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago - 3 years 2 months ago #141112 by davide
Hi Support,

I would like to insert before (on top) of the "Simple" submission event form, some help indications for events insertion.
Actually I edit whenever "../components/com_eventbooking/themes/default/event/simple.php" but I would like to find a permanent solution.
Could be the Custom override the right way, how does it deal with component updates? Or I could place an "html module", if possible, before the form?

Thanks!

davide

cosmogoniA
n o p r o v a r e n o f a r e o n o n f a r e n o n c e p r o v a r e
Last edit: 3 years 2 months ago by davide.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #141132 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello

You can just implement it using override. Make modification to that file and when it is working as expected, you can move that modified file to PATH_TO_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/event folder so that the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Tuan

• davide
  • Topic Author
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
3 years 2 months ago #141135 by davide
But the new EB releases won't be able to update the simple.php file? And that's okay?

Thanks!

PS
I do not receive email notifications from the forum!

cosmogoniA
n o p r o v a r e n o f a r e o n o n f a r e n o n c e p r o v a r e

More
3 years 2 months ago #141147 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Yes. As mentioned, you just need to move the modified file to PATH_TO_TEMPLATE/html/com_eventbooking/event folder (PATH_TO_TEMPLATE is path to the template you are using on your site) and the change won't be lost when you update to future releases of the extension

Tuan