[15-Novemember-2023] Events Booking version 4.7.0 releases

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #162260 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Today, I am happy to announce next release of Events Booking, version 4.7.0. Below are the improvements in this release:

1. Allow sending additional reminder emails

By default, Events Booking allows you to send up to 3 reminders emails. However, sometime, you might need to send more number of reminder emails than that. We added a hidden tool to allow you send up to 6 reminder emails. Follow instructions on this page  eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/tools#s...rt-up-to-6-reminders  if you want to use up to 6 reminders.

2. Allow Translating Speakers On Multilingual Website

Allow translating speakers on a multilingual website. Keep in mind that you cannot translate speakers directly on add/edit event screen (for technical reasons). You will need to access to access to Events Booking , then Setup-> Speakers, add/edit speaker and do the translation from there

3. Improve Event Custom Fields Integration

Added a new config option called Validate Event Custom Fields allows you to control whether event custom fields need to be validated when events is added from frontend/backend or both. Usually you would need to enable it for frontend to make sure users enter data for all custom fields you defined when submitting events

4. Improve ACYMailing Plugin

Added a new parameter Remove From Lists When Registration Cancelled . If set to Yes, registrant will be removed from the assigned mailing lists when their registration is cancelled (by themself or by administrator)

5. Compatible with Joomla 5 Dark Mode

Some adjustments added to make sure backend of the extension compatible with Joomal 5 Dark Mode (in administrator template)

6. Compatible Better With Dark Themes

If you are using a template with dark themes, some layouts/pages in the extension does not look very well. In that case, you can set Activate Transparent config option under Themes tab to Yes. The system will add necessary css code to look better on these dark themes

7. Other small improments and Bugs Fixes

- Support Intro Text on Registration History page
- Fix location image is not being displayed properly on some places (Joomla 4+, not happens on Joomla 3)
- Minor fixes to registration form layout to work better in columns format and UIKIT

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these nice improvements. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development.

Regards,

Tuan

Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Alison, Trevor Smith, David Unwin, Bas van Kollenburg, David Gravett, Frank K., Florian78

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
5 months 2 weeks ago - 5 months 2 weeks ago #162261 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Thanks for latest update. 1 very minor clarification. 
'Support Intro Text on Registration History page'
The Intro text is not shown if you use the Membership Pro UserProfile menu item with the 'Membership Pro with Events Booking Registration History' plugin activated rather than the EB Booking History Menu.
THIS IS NOT A PROBLEM....just pointing it out for users who like use us , use Membership Pro to display booking history rather than EB
KInd regards
David
Last edit: 5 months 2 weeks ago by David Unwin.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162262 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

Yes, that's right. That plugin is a different thing. It is not coming from menu item, so there is not intro text there

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162268 by David Unwin
Hi Tuan,
Sorry another quick question on the Validate Event Custom Fields which we use.
I can see the config option. However, I can't see where you set the rules? There is nothing in the Documentation at the moment on this feature
eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/basic-s.../event-custom-fields
Where do the  Validation rules appear when you turn on Backend of FrontEnd validation as I can't see them in our Event Custom Fields display(see Screen Shots). I tried turning on Backend Validation.
Kind regards
David
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 2 weeks ago #162269 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi David

It uses supported Joomla validation rules docs.joomla.org/Special:MyLanguage/J3.x:...side_form_validation

The most common used rule is required="true" to make the field required. And also, I would like to mention that this feature is only available for Joomla 4+. We do not have it implemented for Joomla 3

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin

More
5 months 1 week ago #162339 by Florian78
Hi,

sorry for the question but is there anything specific which has to be saved before updateing beside the custom css tab?
Are there any settings gone via the update process from one release to the next release?

Thanks in advance!

Br, Florian

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 1 week ago #162340 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Florian

You do not have to backup anything, even custom css. All of the data, settings, language changes... won't be lost during update process

You should configure Download ID so that you can update from administrator area of your site each time there is new version release. See eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/getting...on#use-joomla-update for instructions

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Florian78

More
5 months 1 week ago #162364 by Florian78
update worked fine! Thx!
but I guess the download ID doesn't work when there is another domain. Because I changed the domain from the testdomain to production domain. But that is only a guess of mine.

Br, Florian

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
5 months 1 week ago #162368 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Florian

Each domain/website needs a separate Download ID. You cannot use same Download ID for multiple websites

Regards,

Tuan

More
5 months 1 week ago #162435 by Florian78
totally fine with this...but the thing is the first domain was the "testdomain" and now it is on the real production site/domain running.
if I'm stuck to the testdomain...for automatically downloading...ok I don't mind.
Maybe I should do the testing on a subdomain next time.

Br, Florian