Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 4.2.1. Below are the improvements:
1. Compatible with Joomla 4.2.0 and 4.2.1
There is a small backward incompatible change in Joomla 4.2.0 causing fatal error in Events Booking older version and this version fixed it. If you are using Joomla 4.2.0 (and upcoming Joomla 4.2.1 release), please update to this latest version of Events Booking to make sure the extension works well with that Joomla version.
2. Full Event Notification Plugin
Events Booking - Full Event Notificationto allow sending notification emails to the users you want (usually administrator) when an event is full if it is needed. Please refer to documentation to see how to configure and use that plugin if you want to use this option.
3. Allow defining your own emails & messages tags
Added a new section to Events Booking -> Configuration to allow define your own email & messages tag. After adding these tags with it own value, you can use these tags in any email messages in the extension.
4. Improve Weekly Calendar
Added more parameter to Calendar - Weekly Layout menu item type to make it more flexible
- Locations, Categories, Exclude Categories : Allow control events from what categories, locations will be displayed when users access to this menu item.
- Default Week Start Date: Allow control the weekly start date when users access to this menu item (default to start date of the current week)
5. Full Event Control Improvement
- Added a new config option to hide events when it is full
- When someone cancel registration and event is open to registration again (because the number of registrants now smaller than event capacity), the system will re-publish, re-show these events so that other users can see and register for it.
6. Registrants Management Improvement
- Added config options to allow control show/hide more fields on Registrants Management: Last Name, Email, Payment Method.
- Display Ticket Types data on frontend Registrants Management.
7. Small Bugs Fixed
- Fixed background image for certificate not working on Joomla 4
- Prevent checkin registrants of a future events using QR CODE scanner.
- Do not display Register column on Category Table Layout when it is configured to display past events
- Fixed Events Booking - Advanced Events Slider module does not display upcoming events properly
Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these new features and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development. I will continue working hard to improve it, make it better from time to time.
The following user(s) said Thank You: David Unwin, Bas van Kollenburg, David Gravett, Dastin, Johnny
Thanks again for some really nice improvements, particularly in regards to Registration Management and the User defined tags for emails and messages. My organisation will certainly make good use of these.