[21-June-2022] Events Booking version 4.2.0 releases

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #152374 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 4.2.0. Below are the improvements:

1. Improve Categories Management

Now, when you setup a category, you can add important settings (PayPal Email, Tax Rate, PayPal Email, Notification Emails...) and Messages (Admin Email Subject, Admin Email Body, User Email Subject, User Email Body, Reminder Email Messages....) and these settings will be used for all events belong to that category. It allows you to override global settings/messages for all events from a category if it is needed (without having to enter these settings for individual events)

2. Improve Tax Rules Management

Now, when you add a tax rule, you can choose a category for that tax rule. When you choose a category for the rule, the tax rate entered for that rule will be used for all events belong to that category. That allows you to setup tax rate much quicker in case you have events from different categories with different tax rate (instead of having to setup different tax rule, each rule for each event, you just need to setup tax rule for each category)

3. Improve Frontend Event Submission

Added new settings to allow show/hide more fields on frontend event submission form:

- Show Members Discount Apply For
- Show Enable Waiting List
- Show Collect Members Information In Group Registration
- Show Prevent Duplicate Registration

Also, allow using media manager to select event image (like in the backend) instead of having to upload image if the user has permission to access to media manager.

4. Improve User Registration Integration

Allows you to control User Registration Integration inside each event (use Global setting from Configuration by default). That mean you can turn on/off user registration for individual event if needed.

5. Improve Registrants Management

Group related buttons into Dropdown buttons to save safe (Joomla 4)
- Allow searching for registrants base on Registration Date or Event Date on date filter on Registrants Management screen
- Add Apply button to frontend edit event screen

6. Improve Registration History

Display link to allow users who use offline payment for their registration to make payment for their registration (in case they change their mind and want to make online payment using PayPal for example for their registration)

7. Improve Ticket Types Plugin

Allows you to setup ticket types with zero weight (does not used for calculation total number registrants for the registration) if needed (by default, Weight for each ticket type is 1)

8. Improve Shopping Cart

Added a new config option called Enable Link To Event Details From Cart to allow disable link to event details from shopping cart if needed

9. Bugs Fixes

- Fixed error on PHP 8.1 when uninstall a payment plugin
- Fixed Deposit Payment Email not being logged
- Fixed email validation for shopping cart in case collect members information is enabled
- Do not send email to registrants who already cancelled their registration when an event is cancelled
- Fixed not possible to enter multiple discount amounts for different user groups when setup event.

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these new features and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development. I will continue working hard to improve it, make it better from time to time.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: OTWD, Alison, James, Dastin

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 9 months ago #152375 by Gianluca
Hi,
I have updated event booking to 4.2.0 but it keeps reporting that there is a new update. I cleared the cache I used the tools: purge URLS and Fix Database Schema but it keeps reporting a new update.
I attach the image of the report
Attachments:

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #152377 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [21-June-2022] Events Booking version 4.2.0 releases
Sorry, I forgot to update the version number in the package definition. I corrected it few minutes ago, please try to update again, it will be fine

Tuan

More
1 year 9 months ago #152380 by Gianluca
perfect now it works!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #152388 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [21-June-2022] Events Booking version 4.2.0 releases
Great. Thanks for confirming Gianluca

More
1 year 9 months ago #152400 by Joris
Great new features.

On categorie, if i add custom messages.
Does it only check the First categorie or also the additional categories.
If i add additional categories also work, what is the leading one?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #152401 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
It only check the main category of the event, not additional categories. One event can have multiple additional categories, so if we check additional categories and each of these categories have messages, the system won't know messages from what category to use

So in short, only main category (first category as you said) will be used

Tuan

More
1 year 9 months ago #152406 by Alison
Much tidier, thanks Tuan

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 9 months ago #152407 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks Alison

More
1 year 9 months ago #152653 by Peter Pütz
I just updated to 4.2 (from 3.1.7 ibelive). Now my site shows the error 404. What could be happened?
New links to the mainpage had also no sucess. Seems the site ist damaged. That would bi bad, very bad.