[15-March-2022] Events Booking version 4.1.0 releases

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 week ago #150497 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 4.1.0. Below are the improvements:

1. Added New Event Notification Plugin

This plugin allows you to send email notifications to users from selected user groups when there is new event created (from frontend, backend, or both). See  New Event Notification Plugin Documentation  for more details

2. Improve Ticket Types Plugin

Added a new setting called Only Allow Registering For One Ticket Type . In case you don't want users to register for more than one ticket type from that event, you can set this setting inside event to Yes.

3. Support Batch SMS

If you use SMS feature in the extension, you can now use Batch SMS  to to send SMS message to selected registrants from Registrants Management screen.

4. Added Easy View Module

This module allows you to display any views in Events Booking in a module position, same with EB View Module, but much simpler to configure, see  Easy View Module  for detailed documentation. This will be used to replace EB View Module, so EB View Module won't be available for new installations. For exiting installations/sites, EB View Module will still work as how it is.

5. Added Events Booking - Advanced Events Slider module

This module will replace the original Events Booking - Events Slider module. It has better, easier to maintain style, and also works better with responsive compare to Events Booking - Events Slider module. Same as EB View Module, Events Booking - Events Slider won't be available for new Events Booking installation, for existing websites which are using the module, it will still work as how it is

6. jQuery to Vanilla JS conversion
In this version, I tried to convert as much javascript code which is using jQuery library to plain/vanilla JS as possible. This will improve frontend performance (especially for Joomla 4 when jQuery is not loaded by default anymore). There are still some part in the extension (which uses form validation library - requires jQuery) has not been converted yet. I will continue the effort in the future

7. Bugs Fixes
- Fix EU Tax Rules Calculation
- Allow displaying images contains space on filename (on Joomla 4)
- Fixed wrong currency code on Google Structured Data plugin
- Fixed wrong payment processing fee calculation for event without deposit payment enabled.

Please update your site to this latest version of Events Booking to use these improvements and bugs fixes. Thanks for continue using our products and support our development. I will continue working hard to improve it, make it better from time to time.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith, Andrea, David Unwin, JayBEE, Bas van Kollenburg, Zoe White

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #150644 by JayBEE
Hi,

Thanks for adding the new "New Event Notification Plugin" feature.

Please consider extending its functionality to also send notifications to users on lists of integrated Newsletters (AcyMailing & Mailchimp).

Thank you.

Regards,
JayBEE

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 week ago - 2 years 1 week ago #150650 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [15-March-2022] Events Booking version 4.1.0 releases
Honestly, when users are added to these newsletter systems, emails should be sent by these systems, not by Events Booking

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 2 years 1 week ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith

More
2 years 1 week ago #150651 by JayBEE
I concur. I'm guessing there should be someway to send a trigger to the newsletter system to send such a notification? Yes?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 1 week ago #150652 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic [15-March-2022] Events Booking version 4.1.0 releases
I don't think the option like that is available. So somehow, I guess you will need to assign the target users into the user group , and these use this new plugin to send notification to them each time there is new event created

Tuan

More
1 year 11 months ago #150925 by Roy Chappell
Hi Tuan

The New Event Notification feature looks a great new addition.

On our Diving website we release batches of boat dates. If we release 12 dates I don't want the system to send 12 emails, 1 for each day. Is there a way to set it up so that it only send one notification email for the batch of dates?

thanks
Roy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 11 months ago #150940 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hi Roy

I need more information: What method you are using to release 12 dates? Maybe you are using recurring events ? Or you are using additional dates plugin?

Please let me know so that I can think more about it and hopefully, we can come up with a solution

Tuan

More
1 year 11 months ago #150956 by Roy Chappell
Hi Tuan

We are using Child Events to create the dive boat dates.

thanks for you attention

Roy

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 year 11 months ago #150957 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Still not very clear to me. Could you please explain more details about the process? Maybe make a screenshot showing me the page you are doing to release a new date so that I can understand

If it is a child event, I don't think the system send notification when a child event created (using additional dates plugin or using recurring events)

Tuan