• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145894 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 3.17.0 with the following changes:

1. Fully Compatible With Joomla 4
This is the main afford of this release. While previous version of Events Booking works well with Joomla 4, there are still many minor changes the layouts of the extension to have fully compatible with Joomla 4 UI (both CSS and JS). As of right now, I'm happy to confirm that the extension is fully compatible with Joomla 4! (which will be released later today), both in terms of functionality and UI.

2. Improve Registration Management and Registration History
Added two new settings Order By and Order Direction to allow controlling default ordering of registration records displayed on Registrants Management and Registration History screen

3. Improve Bundle Discount For Shopping Cart
If you use bundle discount for shopping cart, you can now setup discount amount by percent if needed (instead of just fixed discount amount before)

4. Change Registrants PDF export
The system will now respect the ordering which you are having on registrants management screen on registrants PDF export (instead of always hardcode to ID DESC order like before). It will give you more control about how your registrants data will be ordered in the export file instead of always latest registrants exported first.

5. Added Content - Events Booking Speakers plugin
This content plugin allows you to display speaker of an event anywhere you want (any where which content plugin is triggered, like Joomla articles or custom HTML module...). Sometime, it could be useful

6. Improved Routing
- Works better on Joomla 4.
- Support event and category association (so that users can switch to the event and category in right language using language switcher module on a multilingual website)

7. Countries - States database update
- The countries states database which we were using on older version is outdated. It does not contains states for many countries in the world. In this new version, we update to 

8. Bugs fix
Fix duration filter parameter does not work OK on upcoming events module and slider module
- Validate and make sure group members data is available (sometime it is lost due to session timeout) before processing a group registration
- Fix prevent duplicate registration properly on shopping cart

Please update your site to this updated version of Events Booking to use these improvements and bugs fixes. Especially if you want to build new site in the future, better uses Joomla 4 because it is a much better, faster version compare to Joomla 3. And you know, Events Booking is already compatible.

Regards,

Tuan

PS: Few screenshots to show you how the extension look like on Joomla! 4.

The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith, carlyweb, Alison, DuckieTM, John, Trevor Smith, David Unwin, Bas van Kollenburg, Frank K., Brian Faries and 1 other people also said thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #145899 by Joris
Thank you for all your hard work!

The work you do is amazing!

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145900 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks for your nice words. Now all of my extensions are fully compatible with Joomla 4 and I can continue working to make it better :).
The following user(s) said Thank You: carlyweb, Alison, hide10, David Unwin

More
2 years 8 months ago #145912 by David Unwin
Tuan, I would like to add my thanks to the work you put into Events Booking and how you respond to customer requests....keep up the good work.. David

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145913 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Thanks you all for continue using and supporting our products. We will continue working hard to improve it and make it better.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bas van Kollenburg

More
2 years 8 months ago #145972 by Mark Mahle
I saw this update and updated it as I really enjoy the plugin.
Unfortunately now I'm missing most of my events from backend page, although they still show up on the frontend and are in the db via query. I haven't been able to figure out why yet, but it seems some permissions change or db change. Fix db tool didn't help. I am still using Joomla 3 unfortunately due to other constraints.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145973 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Hello Mark

Don't worry about Joomla 3. Our extension will continue supporting both Joomla 3 and Joomla 4 for long time, so that would not be a problem

The problem with missed events, I guess it is because these are past events and not being shown by default. In Events Management screen, there is a dropdown called Event Filter. By default, it set to Hide Past Events. Just select Event Filter option from that dropdown filter and you will see your missing events

Tuan