[13-Jul-2021] Events Booking version 3.16.1-3.16.2 releases

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago - 2 years 8 months ago #145290 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear Customers

Today, I am happy to announce new version of Events Booking 3.16.1 with the following changes:

1. Modernize Code

Updated the whole codebase of the extension to use Joomla! namespace classes. That result in better codebase and and minor performance improve. This changes touch many area of the extension, so I decided to release new version before working on other improvements

2. Allow cancelling events from frontend

Added a config option to called Enable Cancel Events In The Frontend. If set to Yes, event managers/creator can cancel events from frontend events management (same with backend)

3. Small Improvements To Frontend Event Submissions

Added config option to allow show/hide the following fields on frontend submit events form: Tax Rate, Publish Up, Publish Down.

4. Improve Request Payment

If the registration uses deposit payment, when admin sends request payment email, the system will automatically send the email to ask users complete remaining payment for their registration

5. Improve Export Registrants PDF

Allow choosing page page format and page orientation of the exported PDF file

Please update your site to latest version of the extension to use these improvements. I will continue working hard to improve the product and make it better from time to time

Regards,

Tuan
Last edit: 2 years 8 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Geoffrey Smith, Alison, Zoe White, zefiro

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
2 years 8 months ago #145298 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Sorry my bad. Few hours after releasing, I made a quick modification to the package (to allow overriding a method which is useful for a client) without carefully testing and it causes fatal error

As it is a fatal error, I released version 3.16.2 to fix it. Really sorry for the inconvenience which could affect customers update the package in the last few hours. I will never do that again in the future. Sorry again if you got this trouble by my mistake

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Dave B, Geoffrey Smith, Alison, Greg Smela, Trevor Smith, David Unwin, Arnaud Gautron

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.