• Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago - 8 years 3 months ago #73742 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking version 2.2.0 - 2.2.1 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear customers

Today, we are happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.2.0. There are some nice improvements in this version:

1. Improve code-base:
- We now removed code which is only needed for Joomla 2.5. So many code was removed, result in much better, cleaner code.
- Improve payment plugins code structure, make it easier for third party developer to write payment plugin if needed.

2. Integrate with more third party extensions:

We added the integration with some other third party extensions. Now, Events Booking support the following extensions:
- Joomla User Profile
- Membership Pro
- Community Builder
- EasySocial
- Contact Enhanced
- EasyProfile

To see how the integration works, please see eventbookingdoc.joomservices.com/synchronize-profile-data .

3. Events attachment improvement
- Each event can now have multiple attachments
- You can upload new attachment or select from one of the uploaded attachments for your event. It is helpful in case you have multiple events using the same attachment, you won't have to re-upload it each time you create new event
- Copy event (using Save as Copy button) also copy the attachment, too

4. Improve frontend location submission:
You can now select location from google map while submitting location from frontend. It works in the same way with backend for now

5. Email notification improvement : The system now send notification email to event creator when someone register for the event. That's useful if you allow users to submit events from frontend of your site.

6. Prevent registrants from changing fee field options of the status of the registration record is paid. It prevent dis-honest registrants from paying for lower fee option, then access to registration history and update the option to a a higher fee (you will understand this if you are using custom fee fields feature in Events Booking)

7. Invoice Improvement: Now, the invoice layout is multilingual. That means if your site is a multilingual website, each language can have it own invoice format.

8. Terms and Conditions improvement: Make it easier to find and select terms and conditions for event. Basically, you can browse and select an article from a modal popup instead of having to select it from a dropdown. It is useful in case your site has multiple articles

If you want to use this new version, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your orders and download latest version from there to upgrade to your site

Regards,

Ossolution Team
Last edit: 8 years 3 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FrankM, zesharck

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 3 months ago #73806 by wirex
Replied by wirex on topic Events Booking version 2.2.0 released
Hi Tuan,

Many thanks for new version. I'v just updated it on my site and wondering whether this version support custom reminder per event so each event could have different reminder text in emails ? From previous posts I was under impression it will be added in this release.
Appreciate your feedback.

Thanks,
Wirex

More
8 years 3 months ago #73889 by Andrew Shaw
Replied by Andrew Shaw on topic Events Booking version 2.2.0 released
After upgrading, I am now getting 2 registration emails, Any ideas?

Andrew

More
8 years 3 months ago #73969 by Alison
Replied by Alison on topic Events Booking version 2.2.0 released
Hi Tuan

I am getting error message

JFolder: :delete: Path is not a folder. Path: /home/walcorgu/public_html/components/com_eventbooking/views

after installing.
:(

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 3 months ago #74000 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.2.0 released
@Alison: You can ignore that warning error, sometime it happens but it doesn't affect the extension

@All: I am sorry, there were some small issues found, so I released version 2.2.1 to fix it:

- Fixed an issue with User Profile plugin which synchronize data between Events Booking and Joomla core user profile

- Fixed an issue with edit event permission check

- Update registration history to prevent registrants from changing registration amount

- Change code to not show number registrants column on public registrants list in case the event only allow individual registration

Please download latest version from My Downloads section, upgrade to your site to make sure your site runs the most stable version

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 3 months ago #74060 by zesharck
Replied by zesharck on topic Events Booking version 2.2.0 released

Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote:
- Update registration history to prevent registrants from changing registration amount

Hi Tuan,
Excellent thing !! :cheer:

Well isn't it possible to hide the buttons at the bottom of the form when visitors become registrants ? because they can modify their option (even if the amount is blocked) because someones can cheat by changing options of an event. How to know the registrant who has not change his informations to the one who has cheat ? (sorry for my english :blush: )

thx
Z.

More
8 years 2 months ago - 8 years 2 months ago #76651 by alex
Replied by alex on topic Events Booking version 2.2.0 released
hi,
how about adding a tab for easy profile so user can see all his event that he registrated ever, and invoce link.
Last edit: 8 years 2 months ago by alex.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Away
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 2 months ago #76657 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.2.0 released
Hi Alex

At the moment, we don't have a plan for a plugin like that yet

Tuan