Today, we are happy to announce the next release of Events Booking, version 2.2.0. There are some nice improvements in this version:
1. Improve code-base:
- We now removed code which is only needed for Joomla 2.5. So many code was removed, result in much better, cleaner code.
- Improve payment plugins code structure, make it easier for third party developer to write payment plugin if needed.
2. Integrate with more third party extensions:
We added the integration with some other third party extensions. Now, Events Booking support the following extensions:
- Joomla User Profile
- Membership Pro
- Community Builder
- Contact Enhanced
3. Events attachment improvement
- Each event can now have multiple attachments
- You can upload new attachment or select from one of the uploaded attachments for your event. It is helpful in case you have multiple events using the same attachment, you won't have to re-upload it each time you create new event
- Copy event (using Save as Copy button) also copy the attachment, too
4. Improve frontend location submission:
You can now select location from google map while submitting location from frontend. It works in the same way with backend for now
5. Email notification improvement : The system now send notification email to event creator when someone register for the event. That's useful if you allow users to submit events from frontend of your site.
6. Prevent registrants from changing fee field options of the status of the registration record is paid. It prevent dis-honest registrants from paying for lower fee option, then access to registration history and update the option to a a higher fee (you will understand this if you are using custom fee fields feature in Events Booking)
7. Invoice Improvement: Now, the invoice layout is multilingual. That means if your site is a multilingual website, each language can have it own invoice format.
8. Terms and Conditions improvement: Make it easier to find and select terms and conditions for event. Basically, you can browse and select an article from a modal popup instead of having to select it from a dropdown. It is useful in case your site has multiple articles
If you want to use this new version, please login to your account, access to My Downloads menu item, see your orders and download latest version from there to upgrade to your site
Last edit: 6 years 2 weeks ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
The following user(s) said Thank You: FrankM, zesharck
Many thanks for new version. I'v just updated it on my site and wondering whether this version support custom reminder per event so each event could have different reminder text in emails ? From previous posts I was under impression it will be added in this release.
Appreciate your feedback.
Tuan Pham Ngoc wrote:
- Update registration history to prevent registrants from changing registration amount
Excellent thing !!
Well isn't it possible to hide the buttons at the bottom of the form when visitors become registrants ? because they can modify their option (even if the amount is blocked) because someones can cheat by changing options of an event. How to know the registrant who has not change his informations to the one who has cheat ? (sorry for my english )