Events Booking version 2.1.0 released

More
8 years 5 months ago #71736 by Luca Brusamolino
Replied by Luca Brusamolino on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
Must be an intuitive solution. The hostess does check the qrcode and the app automatically interfaces with the site ... avoiding making the first login and to be careful that the session does not expire. When you have an event with a lot of people and different hostess gets too complicated

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71739 by James Riley
Replied by James Riley on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
In order to keep anyone with a ticket from scanning the QR code and checking themselves in, a logged-in user with sufficient pledges is required. The QR code is essentially just a link that takes you to the EB component's check-in system on your Joomla site. You use the barcode-reader app of your choice to do this. Because the barcode reader is not a proprietary app (the Devs are web coders, not mobile app developers after all), you need to deal with Joomla's user log-in yourself. That's the way that the Devs can leverage Joomla's user security to keep your registrants' check-ins secure.

In order to have a user-permission-based check-in system on a Joomla website that does not require you to log into the website first, the Devs would need to develop their own proprietary stand-alone mobile app that would handle the user log-in on your phone and pass that information to a specialized Joomla admin component (eg. see Zapper.com's scan-to-log-in option).
Alternately, it would be possible for the Devs to do the check-in using some other means than a Joomla user (eg. you scan the QR code and have to enter a secret "event check-in PIN" for every person you're checking in, which might be faster than having to log-in over and over again if you keep getting logged-out).

With the current system, as long as the browser's session is not terminated, everything should work fine. I haven't had a chance to play with the QR scanning yet myself, but I can post back any useful info (or workarounds or hacks) that I discover :)

James Riley .: EventBooking user since 2014 ::: JoomDonation user since 2016 :.
.: grfx & web design / IT / AV @ St. Therese Institute of Faith and Mission, Bruno, SK, Canada :.

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #71805 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
@James: I extended your subscription. You can access to My Downloads menu item to download latest version to try

Thanks for all your helps so far.

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: James Riley

More
8 years 5 months ago #71831 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
How about an admin feature to print a QR code for that event or day that they can use to login into the site as someone who will check people in? Then you don't have to give out user login info to anyone and you can have anyone check people in. You would print the QR code out on a sheet of paper and keep it at the checkin area. The person would scan the code and then be ready to check people in.

I think this would good as I opened the QR reader, then logged into the site on my phone through the web browser. Once I scanned the code it opened its own browser and I had to log in again. This would expedite check in to get up and running quickly, priovide security, and keep things moving along in case the session expires you just scan the code admin code again.

More
8 years 5 months ago - 8 years 5 months ago #71848 by Buzzy
Replied by Buzzy on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
Thought I would let people know that on Android devices the barcode play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=co...zxing.client.android works for this which is great.
Last edit: 8 years 5 months ago by Buzzy.

More
8 years 5 months ago #71972 by Gianluca
Replied by Gianluca on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
with function checkin activate the tag [QRCODE] in the thank you message it's ok, but into email message doesn't work.

More
8 years 5 months ago #72080 by Glenn Westfall
Replied by Glenn Westfall on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
I too am having this problem. The QR code shows up fine on the thank you message, but in the user email no code, just [QRCODE]. How can I get it working on an email so it can be printed?

• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
8 years 5 months ago #72089 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Replied by Tuan Pham Ngoc on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
Hi Glenn & Gianluca

I fixed the issue with [QRCODE] in the email few days ago. So please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade it to your site

After that, the issue should be sorted

Regards,

Tuan

More
8 years 5 months ago #72266 by wirex
Replied by wirex on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
Hi Tuan,

Does new version support custom reminder per event so each event could have different reminder text in emails sent?

Thanks,
Wirex

More
8 years 5 months ago #72411 by Elnino38
Replied by Elnino38 on topic Events Booking version 2.1.0 released
Interested in this feature too!