Today, I am happy to announce the next version of Events Booking, version 1.7.2. Below are the details change in this new version:
1.Improving support for multilingual feature - this is main feature for this release. Now, you can translate Events, Categories, Custom Fields to different languages easily. There is a new tab called Translation to allow you to translate necessary information to different languages. In old version, to create an event for example, for each language, you will have to create different records, each record for one language. That was the way Joomla core is using but it is really smart solution - I'm glad I have it improved now.
2. Added support for Recaptcha version 2 on Group Registration. It was only working with Invididual Registration before.
3. Improve backend UI, allow choose number of records per page on backend list view (it was hardcoded to 20 before and you cannot change it). I also added chosen behavior to filter dropdown in the backend so that it easier to find and select item from the dropdown.
4. Fixed an issue with Event Password feature
5. Fixed issue with upload files being delete when saving registration records from backend.
6. Remove waitinglist icon from Dashboard. Forgot to do it when I released 1.7.1 because now waiting list is managed in Registrants.
7. Make some codebase improvements.
If you want to upgrade to this latest version, please access to My Downloads menu item, download latest version and upgrade it to your site. Please note that:
- If you use Events Booking on a Multilingual site, you will need to check and update your events, categories data. Edit the categories, events, look at Translation tab and translate it to the languages you are using. No need for creating each record for each language anymore.
- If you use frontend event submission on a Joomal 2.5 website, you might have to check and make sure the form layout still look OK in case you made template override to the layout. We changed the code in the layout abit to add css class eb-container to the outer div.
Last edit: 6 years 9 months ago by Tuan Pham Ngoc.
In version 1.7.1 once creating new event there was tab: "Extra information" with following fields: Speaker and Number Hours. Then information from those field was published on event detail page. In v1.7.2 this tab is missing Does it mean that this feature is disable now ? Is there any other option to have custom field related to event details ?
The tab/fields are still there (even on version 1.7.3 dev which I am working on right now). Could you please go to Events Booking -> Configuration, check and make sure you have "Event Custom Fields" config option set to Yes?