• Tuan Pham Ngoc
  • Topic Author
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59285 by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Events Booking 1.7.0 released was created by Tuan Pham Ngoc
Dear all

Today, I am happy to announce the next release of Events Booking - version 1.7.0. In this new version:

1. I added new feature called Event Password (or private event). When you create an event, you can enter a password for this event and only users know that password can register for the event.

2. Adding support for a new tag called [CANCEL_REGISTRATION_LINK]. If you have an event which allow registrants to cancel the registration, you can embed this tag into the email message and users can click on this link to cancel his registration (before, users need to login - so we need to have an account - in order to cancel the registration)

3. I changed the way waiting list function works. Now, when your events is full and user join waiting list, they will be stored in Registrants database with status Waiting List. By doing that, admin will be able to move users from waiting list into registrants by simply change the registration status from Waiting List to Paid (before, admin will have to create new registration record manually)

4. Added a config option to allow showing event attachment in the frontend on events list and event detail page so that users can download it if they want. Before attachment can only be sent to registrants email after they complete registration for the event (this config option is turn off by default)

5. Some code quality improvement

Note: This version also make some modification to Events List and event detail layout (change the URL for joining waiting list), so if you made some template override before, it might not work in this new version. So in this case, you will need to redo the template override based on the code of this new version

If you want to upgrade to this latest version, please access to My Downloads menu item, see your order and download latest version from there to upgrade it to your site

Thanks so much for continue using our products and supporting our development

Regards,

Tuan
The following user(s) said Thank You: John David, Thomas WIATR

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59386 by James Jones
Replied by James Jones on topic Events Booking 1.7.0 released
Hi Tuan,
I can't see an option to be able to add an attachment to an event via the front end.
Am I missing anything?

thanks

James

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59389 by Nathan Morrow
Replied by Nathan Morrow on topic Events Booking 1.7.0 released
I've been trying to renew my subscription for Event Booking and get the following error when clicking on "Confirm Order" at checkout:

403 Permission Denied
You do not have permission for this request /joomla-extensions/events-booking-joomla-events-registration.html

Thanks

Nathan
The following user(s) said Thank You: Mark McConnell

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59420 by jkosick
Replied by jkosick on topic Events Booking 1.7.0 released
When a user cancels and someone is on the wait list does it make it so the booking is still full so someone else can't register and steal their place?

Does it send admin a notification when someone cancels and tells the admin someone is on the wait list?

Also in the export registrants can it include the people on the waiting list?

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59421 by jkosick

I can't see an option to be able to add an attachment to an event via the front end.
Am I missing anything?

It is the theme config area.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59427 by James Jones
Replied by James Jones on topic Events Booking 1.7.0 released
hi there,
I can see the option to allow the attachment to be seen and downloaded from the front end. What i am talking about is the frontend event submission layout. I can't se the option to add an attachment to the event.

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59472 by John David
Replied by John David on topic Events Booking 1.7.0 released
WOW!

THANK YOU! I have been waiting for this. I tried it out tonight and the convert from waiting list to registrant works PERFECTLY

:) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

thank you

info@tkd-events.com

More
9 years 2 weeks ago #59628 by Mats Lestander
Replied by Mats Lestander on topic Events Booking 1.7.0 released
Hi,
I´m on 1.6.9 and having problems to update to 1.7.0.
Get this warning and error:

Warning
JFolder::create: Could not create directory.Path: /home2
Warning: Failed to move file!

Error
Archive does not exist
Unable to find install package

Any ideas?

On the Event Booking Dashboard it says that 1.6.10 is available, do i have to upgrade to 1.6.10 before i go to 1.7.0?

/Mats

More
9 years 1 week ago #59858 by Danny
Replied by Danny on topic Events Booking 1.7.0 released
after update to 1.7 without error we get in backend an 500 error called "Layout Path Not Found"
while click on icon for waiting list. The webpage called was
www.mysite.de/administrator/index.php?op...ooking&view=waitings

what´s going wrong ths way - I hope someone has an idea ?

many thanks
Danny

More
9 years 1 week ago #59859 by jkosick
The waiting list is no longer used that way, it was probably an oversight to have not removed the icon for the old wait list. It is now part of the main registration. You will see "Waiting list" in the list of registrants for those on a waiting list.

3. I changed the way waiting list function works. Now, when your events is full and user join waiting list, they will be stored in Registrants database with status Waiting List. By doing that, admin will be able to move users from waiting list into registrants by simply change the registration status from Waiting List to Paid (before, admin will have to create new registration record manually)