Product options by Name

• Mary Cilia
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #61195 by Mary Cilia
Product options by Name was created by Mary Cilia
In setting up options it asks for a name, and then when i go into Product, the name is available but i have to pick out each of the choices manually.
Was hoping it would just let me set all the options by selecting the option name.
for example: I set up an Option called 1 inch collar colors, with 18 colors.
when i go to create a Product called Flat Collars 1" I would like to be able to just select the group of colors by selecting "1inch collar colors".
not only would it be very time-consuming to have to select all 18 colors for each 1 inch collar (there are over 30), but if we change the colors, either dropping a color or adding one, we'd have to go in and make the change over 30 times.
can eShop assign all colors in an Option?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Mary Cilia
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #61199 by Mary Cilia
Replied by Mary Cilia on topic Product options by Name
Also . . .
if i copy a product and try to change the options, i can't get rid of an option, even if i remove all the values.
there is a minus sign in a red circle, which looks like it should remove the option, but it doesn't
how do i remove an entire option on a Product?

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #61404 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product options by Name

Mary Cilia wrote: In setting up options it asks for a name, and then when i go into Product, the name is available but i have to pick out each of the choices manually.
Was hoping it would just let me set all the options by selecting the option name.
for example: I set up an Option called 1 inch collar colors, with 18 colors.
when i go to create a Product called Flat Collars 1" I would like to be able to just select the group of colors by selecting "1inch collar colors".
not only would it be very time-consuming to have to select all 18 colors for each 1 inch collar (there are over 30), but if we change the colors, either dropping a color or adding one, we'd have to go in and make the change over 30 times.
can eShop assign all colors in an Option?

Hello Mary,

Currently, if you want to add multiple option values to a product, then you must do that manually. There is no faster way to do that. I will think more about a way to improve that to help admin be able to do that easily in the future.

Sincerely, Giang

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #61408 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic Product options by Name

Mary Cilia wrote: Also . . .
if i copy a product and try to change the options, i can't get rid of an option, even if i remove all the values.
there is a minus sign in a red circle, which looks like it should remove the option, but it doesn't
how do i remove an entire option on a Product?

Hi Mary,

I am a bit confused about the problem that you have here. Please submit a new ticket to EShop category to send me the your site information so I can help you to check that.

Sincerely, Giang

• Mary Cilia
  • Topic Author
More
9 years 2 weeks ago #61414 by Mary Cilia
Replied by Mary Cilia on topic Product options by Name
i understand the current version doesn't handle what i was hoping, but if you could allow a way to select all values for an option, that would make it much easier to load a lot of items with many values in an option.
what would be even better is to just be able to flag "ALL values" rather than have each one selected, so that if there are changes to the full selection (like dropping one of the 23 colors), then changing it in the main Option definition, rather than having to go into 40 items that use it and remove that color would be great.
thanks

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong