How do I make some user fields not required

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 month 4 weeks ago #167841 by spitjack
There is no reason for my store to collect telephone numbers or addresses. How do I un-require them? I can only do that with some fields in the configuration area of the admin, but not all of them. 

Note: our product is downloadable, used exclusively in nonprofit circumstances, and we do not collect taxes.

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a worker called a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 3 weeks ago #167936 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic How do I make some user fields not required
Dear spitjack,

Thank you for submitting the question here. Regarding your question: You can go to EShop -> Sales -> Fields to unpublish / unrequire the fields that you want.

I hope this is useful.

Sincerely, Giang

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #168002 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic How do I make some user fields not required
That works on the address tab, but not the user field. On the user field I still get:

__
a 'spit' is a rod upon which savory food was roasted, turned in ancient times by a worker called a 'jack', a middle English word for an ordinary laborer (eg jack of all trades, steeplejack, lumberjack). Today, this job is usually referred to as a 'pitmaster'.

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #168004 by Giang Dinh Truong
Replied by Giang Dinh Truong on topic How do I make some user fields not required
Hello spitjack,

Yes, the fields are only applied to address. The user fields are fixed.

Sincerely, Giang

• spitjack
  • Topic Author
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
1 month 2 weeks ago #168016 by spitjack
Replied by spitjack on topic How do I make some user fields not required
We have no need of their phone number - can I override and make this nuisance demand simply disappear?

__

• Giang Dinh Truong
  • Administrator
  • Administrator
More
4 weeks 15 hours ago #168320 by Giang Dinh Truong
Hi spitjack,

If you want that, you can override or modify to EShop to implement.

Sincerely, Giang

Moderators: Giang Dinh Truong